Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving home from visiting my parents tonight. I was doing about 70 on a semi-rural four lane road with my low beams on (no traffic ahead or close behind). I saw the outline of a deer standing in the middle of the road. At the time I saw the deer and was able to react it was no more than maybe 60 feet in front of me. I hit the brakes pretty hard (tried not to slam down on them as hard as I could) and the car stopped on a dime. In another car I most likely would have plowed right into the thing. The ironic thing about it is that while driving back to my parent's house from dinner we saw some deer in a field and I thought about how the car might fare if a deer ran out in front of it :eek:.

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
I had a similar experience where a truck came over on me rapidly and I had to slam on my brakes. In any other car I would have been in trouble.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Ahhhh the beauty of the CS....low weight and great brakes (Almost sounds like a slogan there!):cheers:

·
Registered
411 Posts
So I was driving home from visiting my parents tonight. I was doing about 70 on a semi-rural four lane road with my low beams on (no traffic ahead or close behind). I saw the outline of a deer standing in the middle of the road. At the time I saw the deer and was able to react it was no more than maybe 60 feet in front of me. I hit the brakes pretty hard (tried not to slam down on them as hard as I could) and the car stopped on a dime. In another car I most likely would have plowed right into the thing. The ironic thing about it is that while driving back to my parent's house from dinner we saw some deer in a field and I thought about how the car might fare if a deer ran out in front of it :eek:.
I saw a cartoon about the same subject. The deer looked up and said, "how did he do that?"

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Isn't it great to know you'e just stopped a car that used almost 20 feet shorter distance than any other vehicle?

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
Ahhh....the P-brakes...a wonderful thing. Not too long ago I was coming out of an "Ess" (for the crossword enthusiasts) turn in the rain no less, when a deer ran across and stopped right in the middle of my lane (probably to get a better look at my ride)....visions of the new GT3 frontend flashed before my eyes. Deer and car were both okay....pants, not so much....all thanks to the grip those brakes have.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Porsche brakes are amazing, especially the PCCB's! Had the opportunity to drive both the normal brakes on a 911 then a 911 S with PCCB's back to back at Barber Motorsports Park. I realize the high cost of PCCB's, but the lack of fade after pushing the car on the track was awesome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts