Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PORSCHE 250 Rolex series.

This is the race that I wanted our Cayman to win above all others, the irony isn't hard to miss.

Short and to the point, the Cayman brought the only win again for Porsche in the Rolex series, as predicted Mazda is looking stronger every race they almost took first and second, they had to settle for second and third after some brilliant driving by Spencer Pumpelly and Greg Norman. To the boys at BGB, congrats! Thank you for keeping the wolves at bay and having faith in the Cayman. The best placed GT3 #44 Magnus Racing, 6th place GT category.

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Don't know why photo is upside down, can't seem to fix.

·
Registered
545 Posts
A win plus showing off a little bit with several 360's and playing a ping pong ball. Plus a class win in Fla. with Baldwin twice...when has a Cayman lost?

·
Registered
903 Posts
A win plus showing off a little bit with several 360's and playing a ping pong ball. Plus a class win in Fla. with Baldwin twice...when has a Cayman lost?
Don't forget, Caymans have won ALL the Interseries races!:banana:

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive been trying to get in site since this morning, I keep getting "an error has ocurred".......You know Im going to chase press release.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok just got in......nothing. Probably they havent had time to post yet.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the Rolex series they havent lost a race (3), Porsche regards the Rolex Series enough to post it in their section for races to watch......along with LeMans, WEC, PORSCHE CUP.......Being thats the only venue that Porsche recognizes, I make sure to hammer them with emails when our Caymans win and dont get credit.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I haven't looked but what did Porsche have to say in their press release.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

This all they posted today, so far:

World Endurance Championship, round 1 in Silverstone, Great Britain
- Preview -
08/04/2013 FIAWEC
Silverstone (GBR)

No mention of Porsche 250.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The Mazdas have definitely found speed. I think they were almost 2 seconds quicker on qualifying. I'm sure with the shorter distance for the 250, they thought this was their first really good chance to win, What good is that speed if you can't complete the distance? "To finish first, first you must finish"

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Mazdas have definitely found speed. I think they were almost 2 seconds quicker on qualifying. I'm sure with the shorter distance for the 250, they thought this was their first really good chance to win, What good is that speed if you can't complete the distance? "To finish first, first you must finish"
It won't be long before they start winning, they (Speedsource) have Mazda behind them, unlike BGB, Porsche Motorsport is nowhere to be found.

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
It won't be long before they start winning, they (Speedsource) have Mazda behind them, unlike BGB, Porsche Motorsport is nowhere to be found.
"Its David and Goliath all over again". The Cayman was hit twice and spun out, by the prototypes, on that race.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"Its David and Goliath all over again". The Cayman was hit twice and spun out, by the prototypes, on that race.

Cheers.
I flipped when I saw that! It was beginning to look like a twisted NASCAR nightmare! I won't be surprised (saddened yes) if Speedsource clinches title, oh well, we'll know whose fault that is.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BTW, not a peep from Porsche on their Motorsport site on the Cayman's win. Unbelievable, I guess it becomes embarrassing when an "unofficial" upstart hasn't lost in the last three consecutive races, and the Golden Cow can only place sixth, embarrassing indeed.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GIVING CREDIT WHEN IT'S DUE! THANKS PORSCHE FOR MENTIONING THE CAYMAN AGAIN!

"For the third straight event of 2013, a Porsche Cayman won the GX class. Taking their second consecutive victory of the year was the No. 38 BGB Motorsports entry shared by Dr. Jim Norman (Tampa, Fla.) and John Tecce (Ormond Beach, Fla.). Norman also won the season-opening Rolex 24 At Daytona in a Cayman driving for Napleton Motorsports.

The tape-delayed broadcast of today’s Porsche 250 can be seen on SPEED Channel at 5:30 p.m. Eastern, Sunday, April 7th.

Round Four of the Rolex Sports Car Series will be held April 20th at Road Atlanta in Braselton, Ga. That race returns to the two-hour, 45-minute duration format."

http://press.porsche.com/motorsport/news/release.php?id=12

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Doing research for another thread I found this interview from Excellence with Matthias Muller, he had an interesting take on Porsche Motorsport:

"Are you any further along in your decisions regarding Formula One or LMP1 racing at Le Mans?

Nothing new. It is difficult because there are lots of pros, but also cons. I think LMP1 is a very interesting class. The only problem is Audi. It’s a question of whether it’s good for our group if there would be a second brand in Le Mans and the American Le Mans Series, which could be Porsche, of course. Okay, then we would have a competition against Audi. I don’t know if that is good or bad for the group.

The problem is we have a lot of brands, and we have (fewer options) all over the world — it’s only Dakar, WRC, F1, and LMP1. It’s only four classes, and we have ten brands. But with Formula One, if you are not the winner, you are the loser. To win in F1 costs a lot of money. And, in the end, it’s a driver championship — everybody says, ‘The champion is Vettel and he goes for Red Bull.’ And, in third place, they say, ‘Renault.’ Most people don’t know that Renault is the technical basis of the Red Bull team. And the races are boring…they go around and around. It’s absolutely boring. If you go to Le Mans, it’s exciting from the first to the last hour."

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
GIVING CREDIT WHEN IT'S DUE! THANKS PORSCHE FOR MENTIONING THE CAYMAN AGAIN!

"For the third straight event of 2013, a Porsche Cayman won the GX class. Taking their second consecutive victory of the year was the No. 38 BGB Motorsports entry shared by Dr. Jim Norman (Tampa, Fla.) and John Tecce (Ormond Beach, Fla.). Norman also won the season-opening Rolex 24 At Daytona in a Cayman driving for Napleton Motorsports.

The tape-delayed broadcast of today’s Porsche 250 can be seen on SPEED Channel at 5:30 p.m. Eastern, Sunday, April 7th.

Round Four of the Rolex Sports Car Series will be held April 20th at Road Atlanta in Braselton, Ga. That race returns to the two-hour, 45-minute duration format."

Motorsport News
You just know that Porsche is watching this site and telling the press release folks that they have to print "something" or we'll continue to taunt them. :hilarious: Keep up the pressure, maybe one time they'll even print something about the Cayman BEFORE a race takes place, such as "Cayman goes for record X number of wins in a row" once the Cayman breaks the 911's consecutive win streak, speaking of which how many is that? 3? 4? 5? :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts