Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm not sure about the 911 streak, but the Cayman is getting close. I barrage Porsche with emails, why not? Our money is just as good as those that buy 991s, so they're going to hear from me as long as we don't get our due. My wife caught me the other day sending one of those emails to Porsche AG, she said, "you're out of your mind, whenever you take your car in for service, they're going to swap your engine with a four cylinder." She might be right, hopefully they'll send free tickets to the next 24 Hours of Daytona ( yeah right, I'll hold my breath!)

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I really wanted the Cayman to win this race, it was such a sweet victory! THE PORSCHE 250, won by? Wait!......A CAYMAN!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Folks our Cayman will be racing this weekend!
Check tvracer.com for local schedule.

BRASELTON, Ga. (April 19, 2013) – Rolex Sports Car Series point leaders Memo Rojas and Scott Pruett will start from the pole for Saturday’s Visual Studio Ultimate Grand Prix of Atlanta.

Friday’s scheduled qualifying session was cancelled due to steady rain, and since the GRAND-AM rulebook mandates that the starting lineup is set by team point standings when qualifying is cancelled, their Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates entry earns the top starting spot with the No. 01 TELMEX BMW/Riley.

Rojas and Pruett currently lead the standings by two points in the quest for their fourth consecutive Daytona Prototype championship.

Jon Fogarty will start second in the No. 99 GAINSCO Auto Insurance Corvette DP. He and co-driver Alex Gurney are second in the standings behind the Ganassi duo (93-91).

Fogarty won the last two DP TOTAL Pole Awards to extend his Rolex Series record to 25.

John Potter will start from the pole on the GT grid in the points-leading No. 44 Magnus Racing Porsche GT3 co-driven by Andy Lally. He will be joined on the front row by the No. 63 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 458 Italia driven by Jeff Westphal and Alessandro Balzan. Dr. Jim Norman and David Donohue will co-drive the points-leading No. 38 BGB Motorsports Porsche Cayman in the GX class.

Pruett was fastest in Friday morning practice, running a lap of 118.492 mph/1 minute, 17.170 seconds. Leh Keen led the GT session in the No. 59 Brumos Racing Porsche GT3, 109.323 mph/1:23.642.

Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge qualifying for Saturday’s PricewaterhouseCoopers 250 was also cancelled due to the track conditions. Nick Longhi will start on pole in the Grand Sport class point-leading No. 13 Rum Bum Racing Porsche GT3 co-driven by Matt Plumb. The No. 25 Freedom Autosport Mazda MX-5 of Derek Whitis and Tom Long will start on the pole in the Street Tuner class.

The Visual Studio Ultimate Grand Prix of Atlanta takes the green flag at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday (SPEED)

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well we knew it had to happen, the BGB Cayman came in second today in Atlanta, Mazda is poised to run away with the rest of the season, this is what happens when a team has factory support, the have resources (deeper pockets) from which to draw what they need so they can win more races......big shout out to BGB for keeping the croc winning despite odds.....

·
Registered
903 Posts
Didn't hear how the BGB Cayman rolled, but glad no one got hurt. Were they able to continue?

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes they continued, but I'm not sure how they rolled during qualifying I believe. I'm a little bummed out by the second place finish, I've been getting spoiled by all the wins, I knew Mazda would eventually win. What irked me a little were the comments by one of announcers, this guy has been fawning over Mazda since day one, he was borderline gloating today, oh well maybe I'm a little sensitive.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The #38 BGB Porsche Cayman was the only Porsche on podium today in the Rolex GrandAm Chevrolet 200, Spencer Pumpelly and Jim Norman almost had the checkered flag today, unfortunately Mazda came back 6 laps from finish and overtook Pumpelly. Given the fact that Mazda is behind the Speedsource campaign with deep pockets, the BGB effort has been outstanding.

In the vaunted GT class, the best placed 911 based car came in 4th place. Driven by Potter and Lally, first place went to the Stevenson Racing Camaro, followed by a 458.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts