Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Is it a yearly subscription?

I just wanted to follow up after receiving a PM about the Cayman Club and specifically state that the Cayman Club is in NO WAY mean to be a "clique" or to separate from Planet-9 and go elsewhere, it is an augmentation to the community as a whole, we haven't had a true car club to go along with this website and so the Cayman Club is an attempt at starting a car club, one that will be open to all but singularly focused on the Cayman. I don't know if we will be successful or not, I certainly hope so and the only way to know is to try. If we are successful then certainly I would support other car clubs forming around other models like Boxsters, 911s etc. whatever people want. Some people will want a club with more breadth across models and may prefer PCA or may want both breadth and depth so they will belong to multiple clubs, having more choices is usually a good thing. I certainly don't want anyone on Planet-9.com to feel "left out" of the Cayman Club. If you want to join the new car club then please join, if you don't, then that's OK too, but please know that ALL are welcome!

I hope this helps clarify any confusion that may exist and feel free to send me a PM or email if you want to talk to me directly about this new club and don't feel comfortable replying publicly, I'm happy to field any and all inquires, take suggestions, criticism, feedback, you name it!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Donation sent. Sounds great.

You all have been a great help with building my car even though I might have to shift to a 718 due to timing. Awesome opportunity I couldn't pass up.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Great idea, I'm in. Please let me know when you plan a DE at COTA. :thanks:

·
Administrator
34,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Donation Sent!

If you need any design or photography support, i'd love to help!
We will certainly need members to pitch in with their skills to help get some initiatives off the ground!

·
Revhead
369 Posts
In!

Done! and also added a further donation. Great idea plus great forum. If you need an Australian rep, let me know! Obviously the drive from the US to Australia or vice versa is challenging
Hell, even the drive from WA to anywhere else in Australia is a challenge.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm in. Plus, in a year's time or so (after all the froofrah, wailing, and gnashing of teeth is over), I plan on adding a 718 to the fleet, so I'll join the Boxster Club as well. I'm a serial joiner....

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm in. Plus, in a year's time or so (after all the froofrah, wailing, and gnashing of teeth is over), I plan on adding a 718 to the fleet, so I'll join the Boxster Club as well. I'm a serial joiner....
And what's wrong with that? :cheers:

·
Administrator
34,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Happy to donate. Will any of the old technical articles and "How To's" be appearing on the new site?
Some of the content could be ported over to the new site, but most of the content would have to be developed on the new site per contractual reasons.

In other news I did get some good hi res graphics back for some potential window decals, now I need to get them to the decal maker for testing. Sorry some of this is so slow, but I do have a life outside of here that is consuming a lot of my time lately with multiple projects I am juggling.

·
Administrator
34,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Also curious. My PayPal statement shows a "Ken Smiley" transfer back in March. That's the Cayman Club I'm assuming?.
No that's whatever you chose, could be a donation, could be the Insiders membership etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 74 Posts