Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Link to article: ?????????????? ?????? | ???? | ?? | 20150312

RIP

Driver and passenger both didn't survive the crash and died at the scene. Car went on fire, and suspected the car flipped/hit a wall during the crash. Reminder for all to drive safe and look out for bad road conditions ...

This is a long stretch of straight road with nicely paved asphalt leading to a dead end. Some people go there for drag racing or drifting at the culdesac etc. This happened @ 4 in the morning. Weather was a little misty with light drizzle from time to time. Appears to be a 987 Cayman S. Car was driven by a commercial airline pilot during the accident ...

·
Banned
2,307 Posts
o thats uber .. bad..

RIP...

i guess porsche is buying that cayman back..

Porsche always buys all the porsches that had a fatality accident. till this day

lemon

·
Registered
19 Posts
With the population and congestion in Hong Kong, where is the open roads to drive that aggressive, New Territories? I have always sat in traffic jams when I was there.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Words fail me. RIP. :(

·
Registered
376 Posts
the cayman crumpled like a soda can, surely they can survive a roll over better than that.... more fragile than I expected

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Without the benefit of knowing exactly how fast the car was travelling one can't assess the "fragility" of a wrecked car. To me it looks how one might expect a car travelling at high speed that is launched off a curb into a concrete wall, subsequently engulfed in flame.

Reactions: 2015CS

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
And true that.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I don't think the missing roof is crash damage; was more likely cut away by responders so they could extract the remains. The article says the two pilots were trapped in the car, and that photo certainly doesn't show that.

I wonder what happened to cause the fire. The damage doesn't look all that catastrophic aside from the roof. The fire didn't consume the front end, so it doesn't look like the fuel tank ruptured. What would cause an engine fire like that in a Cayman? Fuel line tearing loose in impact without the fuel pump shutting off, maybe?

·
Registered
574 Posts
o thats uber .. bad..

RIP...

i guess porsche is buying that cayman back..

Porsche always buys all the porsches that had a fatality accident. till this day

lemon
Really? That's an interesting factoid.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts