Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got around to posting this video of my Cayman S at Putnam. Running in the Instructor/Black groups, these were the only two cars that passed me all weekend - some pretty good company. That Diasio kept lining up right behind me in the pits - check out the flames coming out of the exhaust!

YouTube - Putnam 5-10

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
Is the first Diazo driver the same as second time? He looks choppier the second time.

You certainly held your own with both cars.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Is the first Diazo driver the same as second time? He looks choppier the second time.

You certainly held your own with both cars.

Thanks for sharing!
Yes, same driver the second time. Maybe he was looking in his mirror too much (ha ha). Might just be my choppy video - I need to get a better mounting system for the camera, and my Traqmate won't allow me to post the dashboard on the HD video. Hopefully they'll straighten that out.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
umwolverine, Nice driving. Any chance you will be at OVR's July event? A friend wanted me to co-drive the enduro with him but I think I'll run the DE instead. Plenty of track time at this event.

For those of you that have never been to Putnam it is a fun track and fairly safe. It's a great track for your first club race.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
umwolverine, Nice driving. Any chance you will be at OVR's July event? A friend wanted me to co-drive the enduro with him but I think I'll run the DE instead. Plenty of track time at this event.

For those of you that have never been to Putnam it is a fun track and fairly safe. It's a great track for your first club race.
Hey Alan - I'm heading out there in a couple weeks for "Instructor Training". Hopefully I'll survive. Is the OVR event the "Top Gun" running 7/18-20? If so I'll probably go.

Mike

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Mike,

The July event is the Top Gun event. I plan to be there with my black 09 CS. We might end up in the same run group.

Good luck with the instructor school. It's not too bad. Keep your sense humour.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike,

The July event is the Top Gun event. I plan to be there with my black 09 CS. We might end up in the same run group.

Good luck with the instructor school. It's not too bad. Keep your sense humour.
I should be there Alan - look forward to seeing you then. Unless I flunk instructor training...

Mike

·
Registered
119 Posts
Are you taking the instructor training that KYPCA is offering at Putnam? We're going to have to miss the event (DE, not ready for instructor training!). Hate to, KYPCA is a good group to run with and Bluegrass is a good sponsor, too. We'll be at Putnam for the Mid-Ohio event in early July. Should be fun if it's not too hot!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you taking the instructor training that KYPCA is offering at Putnam? We're going to have to miss the event (DE, not ready for instructor training!). Hate to, KYPCA is a good group to run with and Bluegrass is a good sponsor, too. We'll be at Putnam for the Mid-Ohio event in early July. Should be fun if it's not too hot!
Yes - the KYPCA events are some of the best run DE's I've been to. Bluegrass is a terrific sponsor. Always some new Porsches to drive on the track, free beer and food at the Friday and Saturday night parties and always some great videos from the runs that day. Great folks and Jeremy does a heck of a job. Next one after this is 'Pumpkin Run' September 17-19. See you there in July!

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts