1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear friends:

I have a 07 Cayman.

Try to describe all things in brief:
1, The remote control failed 2 years ago after a car battery died. the service can't re-pair the original keys.
2, To use the key fob open/close door, result in the lock failed 3 days ago, the plastic lock cylinder broken, the key turn left/right without any detaining.
3, Red the threads about the lock failed, also due to remote failed to use the key fob. to follow instructions to reach inside handles.
4, According to the instructions, I pull window a little gap, be able to pull the handle inside many times, but both side can not open the door.
5, Suspect battery low, take away front left wheel, and find the string for opening front battery compartment lid, make sure battery is GOOD.
6, To disconnect-connect the battery, only heard the click of the oil cap opened actuator work, but but not function, can't not release the cap
7, Called Porsche service, they have no solution except break window.
8, I strongly suspect for some reason, the mechanical system can not be RESET even with right power supply.

what to do next,,??? Help needed!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Couldn't you just buy (or borrow) a new remote from Porsche and swap the transponder from the old to new? That should work.

You won't be able to slim-jim the doors. It works with a bowden cable behind the door skin. So you need to pull the door handles as described. Be aware it takes 2 (TWO) door pulls to open the door from the locked position. This does not require electricity to function (entirely mechanical)

If you can't unlock it via key, remote, or pulling the interior handle - you're screwed. You'll need to break the window (or drill through the door, but window is simpler)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I finally opened the door!!!! cheers!!!
Pull the inside door handles 2 time? no, many times, but not work,
to connect car battery, to push the window down button ASAP, it is able to down the window, can put hand inside, insert the key, heard click----done!
the next steps is to replace door lock, have new remote keys....the service quote 1000dollors, I am going to buy lock set and install it myself. ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts