Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I had my car broken into and they gained entry by smashing the drivers window. I've replaced the drop glass without too many dramas (and with the help of some excellent articles on here) but I still have one problem. When the door glass is down and I try to raise it using the 'one touch' of the window switch, it rises about half way and then returns to the down position. A friend said he had a similar problem with an Audi he owned previously and he thinks there is an 'air switch' which needs to be be reset when you replace the glass. Can anyone give me some advice before I have to resort to giving the local dealer my kidney to fix it?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Bob.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Might be the same process as when you disconnect the battery. IIRC you close the window, then manually hold it down to open it, and then manually close it again after which the auto function should know the limits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cokey

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't know what "air switch" is but on BMW there is a control module that controls the windows (and other convenience features) and knows the window position by tracking the circuit load. In case some changes are made, this module needs to learn again where is up and down of the window. I am pretty sure it is the same for Porsche (and many other cars). There is a simple process of doing that but it has been a while. Do a search and I am sure you will find it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thankfully there was nothing in it to steal except some parking change, which they didn't find. However, the cost of both the door glass and rear quarterlight glass (which they also smashed for no apparent reason) was costly enough. My neighbour lost some expensive sunglasses and an Ipod from his Mercedes, so he wasn't so lucky.

Bob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.