Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 06 Cayman S, the previous owner had already installed a Remus exhaust and had had the GIAC reflash done. I recently added an IPD plenum with the GT3 throttle body. Although I did not have any "before" dyno runs, yesterday I was in the area . . . so . . .

Here are the results--sorry about the crummy phone photos. Correcting for a 15% drivetrain loss, the car is putting out 333 at the wheels, SAE corrected. A pretty nice 38 hp difference over the stock rating. I also liked the extremely flat torque curve.

dyno--Cayman.jpg

dyno2 Cayman.jpg

Terry

·
Registered
532 Posts
what kind of dyno? bc that seems high even with the mods and reflash. i had mine run on a dynojet recently, and while i only have an exhaust, it only put out ~265 to the wheels.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looks to be Dynojet. I think there's a typo and the OP meant to say a calculated 333 hp to the flywheel/crank and not to the wheels.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks like 284 at the wheels and estimated 333 at the crank

Reactions: Jay987GT

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you are getting low dyno #'s, check/replace your air filters. I was struggling in the 270's after mods (also around 260 stock) in my 08 and found a severely dusted air filter. Replaced with a clean K&N and picked up the expected HP in the high 280's. A light flywheel and headers will make about 10hp more than the OP.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you are getting low dyno #'s, check/replace your air filters. I was struggling in the 270's after mods (also around 260 stock) in my 08 and found a severely dusted air filter. Replaced with a clean K&N and picked up the expected HP in the high 280's. A light flywheel and headers will make about 10hp more than the OP.
Maybe I am misreading this - but in case I'm not.......as an FYI lwfw's don't make hp. They just allow the engine to rev more freely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts