Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cayman S engine harness question. What is this connector for?

Hey forum peeps my 987 Boxster/CS bitsa car is almost done. A few finishing touches and I'll be there. What a project! Way more details/pics/feedback very soon.

So after installing my '07 CS 3.4 liter engine (with wiring harness from the Cayman S) into my '05 base model Boxster, I have one electrical plug unaccounted for. Its a small, 2-wire female connector coming out of the harness right next to the engine compartment fan. One wire is solid brown and the other is yellow with a blue stripe. Having this unplugged does not seem to affect the engine or vehicle performance in any way.

I'm guessing perhaps a CS has some sort of engine room courtesy light and I don't need to worry about this. If not, anyone have any ideas what this plug should go to or it's purpose?

'tanks :cheers:

·
On Probation
582 Posts
no light in mine 09 cay

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flux capacitor relay! :)

I don't have my wiring diagrams handy but if I get a chance to look in my engine compartment soon I will and then will report back any findings.
Awesome thanks :thanks:

If anyone else can take a gander at their '06-'08 Cayman S engine and let me know where this goes that would be swell.

·
Registered
528 Posts
if you do a search on my name, there is full cayman -6-08 wire diagrams uploaded.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great success!

The mystery plug is for the coolant overflow reservoir which is in the engine bay on a Cayman. On my 'box, its in the trunk and plugs into the trunk wiring harness.

Getting closer. Here are some pics with the stock wheels that have now been replaced with CS 18-inchers...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man, you did an engine swap and only came up one connection short? That's admirable!
'tru dat. Only 1 connector with no home and now that has been accounted for :banana:

This project has, at times, been like playing with Legos. Most everything snapped together resulting in essentially a factory 987 gen-1 Boxster S-Plus. A few items/areas required patient research and subtle re-engineering but nothing catastrophic. Complete details coming soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Too funny we may have bumped into each other then at some point in the past... what is that first one pictured? I've lost track of recent Ducati models...
'tis a small world, tru tru.

That is a pre-owned '08 Aprilia RSVR Factory model with a wopping 38 miles. DucSea and a lot of local larger shops unload a good portion of their trade-in bikes to me since they don't want that used crapola sullying up the showroom you see ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts