Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unlike that other thread about "loss of passion", I must still be in the honeymoon phase. In addition to finding every excuse for driving to go get something somewhere, I also find myself frequently walking into the garage to grab something, forgetting what I was going to get, and just standing there looking. Especially looking at low light levels, where some of the more exotic surfacing of the Cayman shape is really evident. It's hard to capture with a camera (since the low light exposure results in a lot of "grain" in the photo, which is also sort of cool).

My two favorites are the nose-on view, where the light apertures, the grille openings, and the fender peaks dominate:
IMG_0451 (800x600).jpg

And the rear quarter view, where the rear fender line meets the tumble-down behind the C-pillar, into that long valley that goes down to the edge of the spoiler:
IMG_0452 (800x600).jpg

I think that the 981 Cayman is an automotive styling tour de force (and in my 52 years of car ownership, a few tour de forces have run through my fingers). And don't get me going on the natural Garnet Red interior....

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Nice previous rides. I think the Cayman surely has a bit of DNA from the E-type and Lotus 7.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
You've only had it for 10 days and you "must still be in the honeymoon phase"?? I hope you don't typically measure honeymoons in days. :)

I still feel exactly the same way and I'm nearing the 3 year mark.

Reactions: Jeff78 and KRG

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
You've only had it for 10 days and you "must still be in the honeymoon phase"?? I hope you don't typically measure honeymoons in days. :)

I still feel exactly the same way and I'm nearing the 3 year mark.
I'm still at AWE with my 997 after 5 years, sometimes the honeymoon never ends.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
forget about the car post - love the Rapa Nui Avy.
A bit OT, but we loved the 10 days we spent on Rapa Nui. Our group leader was Sergio Rapu, the first governor, anthropologist, archeologist, and general renaissance man. He was as big a giant as the moai.

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Yes, SCMike, you are smitten in LOVE.......

A wonderful place to be :dance:

Wishing you all the best with your Cayman in the future.

:cheers:

·
Registered
737 Posts
SCMike, I demand you put up detailed pics of the beautiful interior of your GSE. Complete with internet scratch n'sniff capabilities as I want to smell it!

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Know what you mean....went out to the garage before going' to bed.... FullSizeRender.jpg

Reactions: Arch

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SCMike, I demand you put up detailed pics of the beautiful interior of your GSE. Complete with internet scratch n'sniff capabilities as I want to smell it!
OK, OK - I promise. Been waiting for that big, bright thing up in the sky (I think it is called a sun) to come out for some light. It's like the GSE arrived and chased that bright thing away. Nothing but rain for weeks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm not afraid to admit I have the same symptoms! In my lifetime I had a lot of cars but going to the garage and marvel was only with my 911 (had like 4) and the current Boxster.

And reflecting on the other thread my passion started as a kid and got only worse :hilarious:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I posted a bit a teaser of the interior (in passing) on a spare tire thread I just started in the Tires and Wheels forum. It is still P.A. Rain here.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
When you get your GT4 you better put cones in each space next to you or buy a couple of scooters.
Space to the left is empty. Residents here don't all have a car, so management intends on keeping it empty because it can be (we have 30 unused spaces). These are deeded spaces with a per-month fee -- putting a scooter on each side would cost me $2100/year per scooter in parking. Woman next to me on the other side drives a beater late 90s Camry, but she adores her parking neighbor so I'd never expect anything to occur (and she's the kind that if she dinged it, she'd absolutely leave a note), and since I have no one on the left it's easy to give her a ridiculous amount of space.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Mine kills bugs fast. :) Lots of splatter this time of year. Good that it doesn't sit in a garage because the rain washes a lot of that splatter off.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'll bet you love to see her hips in the drivers side mirror as you cruise at 80 mph?
While I love seeing the hips of a Porsche in the mirrors...the mirrors would have to be set up wrongly if I would be able to see my car in them.
To get rid of the dead spots the mirrors have to be moved outwards a lot.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Well, I posted a bit a teaser of the interior (in passing) on a spare tire thread I just started in the Tires and Wheels forum. It is still P.A. Rain here.
Those aren't sniff-worthy. But yes, I can certainly sympathize with long rainy seasons (though we are finally into the uninterrupted sunshine over here). It will be worth the wait, oh yes.... :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts