Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
can anyone help me as i cannot get my glovebox out.
Have removed all screws i can find and it comes loose but just cannot quite get it out.

thanks
Paul

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Hi
can anyone help me as i cannot get my glovebox out.
Have removed all screws i can find and it comes loose but just cannot quite get it out.

thanks
Paul
I have a post on installing my ipod in the glovebox and show some of the removal steps, you can find that here:

http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-electronics/11940-dension-ipod-glove-box.html

You can also visit the PCA Cayman Register where Gator Bite has an article on taking apart the glovebox area of the car as well that goes into more detail.

Together those should provide you what you need...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a post on installing my ipod in the glovebox and show some of the removal steps, you can find that here:

http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-electronics/11940-dension-ipod-glove-box.html

You can also visit the PCA Cayman Register where Gator Bite has an article on taking apart the glovebox area of the car as well that goes into more detail.

Together those should provide you what you need...
does anyone have a direct link as I need to get my glove box out and can't find information

tried the PCA register but it won't let me in as I cant register without a PCA number

Thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
I had to remove the glove box in order to get a hole in it for my Dension install. This is pretty easy to do, but you have to remove some trim pieces on the right and the cup holder in order to get at all the screws.

The cupholder is held in by two screws underneath it if I recall correctly. Just open the glove box, look around under the cupholder and it should be obvious.

The soft-padded trim piece to the right of the glove box just pulls off when you grip the bottom edge and pull towards you and up. Before you do that though you take off the plastic cover on the side of it and you'll probably see a screw or two behind that.

You'll need to have taken off the padded (either leather or vinyl) piece on the center instrument stack that covers the right side of the stereo too so you can get at the screws there.

Once you get those four pieces off (plastic on the right, padded piece on the right, center console stack cover, cupholder) you'll be able to locate the screws holding the glove compartment in place.

Be careful when you pop it out--there's three electrical clips to unfasten before you can take the glove box out of the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gator Bite, thanks for the P_M on regisitering an account on Cayman Register, got that sorted but struggling to find the article

eslai, thanks also for the useful information

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
ah found the article now but it says I do not have permission to view it :helpme:
Unfortunately, this is the problem with keeping information restricted to a members only site. I thought the Dension install article plus information in this topic thread would be enough to get the glove box out, but evidently we may need a complete glove box removal article in our Articles section here. Please feel free to take photos of the process on your car and I can assist you with creating an article in our Articles section so we have something for everyone to view going forward.

:thanks:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts