Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
*Right now, I don't think anybody has legitimate allocations, but dealerships just have waiting lists at this time. Until that time, "allocation" shall be defined as "place in line on the dealership's waiting list."*

This thread is for everybody who wants a new (or better) GT4 allocation. For those of you that have an allocation and decide to turn it down (whether you decide to keep your GTS, wanted a PDK, or what have you), instead of returning it to the dealership, please check this thread for people in your area that wish to have one, and contact them via PM's to help a fellow forum member out! You could also post the dealership and allocation number if you're lazy, and I'm sure the PM's would fly in.

I may or may not try to keep a list of names in order and locations in this first post, depending on how many people are interested.

If you want an allocation: Post your current allocation(s) if any, and your location. If you are lucky enough to receive one, please edit your previous post to reflect that, and send me a PM letting me know so I can take you off the list.

If you are giving up an allocation: Check this post below for names, so we can do a first come first serve kinda thing, or see who posted below. Then you can PM them and help a brother out!

*Note: Please do not bring money or bidding into this or begin fighting over allocations, as I am sure this would violate the forum's TOS.*

Link to the current list of members wanting a new or better allocation: Trade List

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I currently have 2 allocations: #1 at a dealership that wants $10k+ over MSRP, and #(too low to bother telling me how terrible) at a dealership that will sell at MSRP.

I bounce between Northern and Southern California. While I feel lucky to have a #1 spot somewhere, I doubt I will be willing to trade in my GTS and pay $10k over MSRP for it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I currently have 2 allocations: #1 at a dealership that wants $10k+ over MSRP, and #(too low to bother telling me how terrible) at a dealership that will sell at MSRP.

I bounce between Northern and Southern California. While I feel lucky to have a #1 spot somewhere, I doubt I will be willing to trade in my GTS and pay $10k over MSRP for it.
PCNA has assigned your dealer an actual allocation? Or are you just #1 on the dealer's list?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PCNA has assigned your dealer an actual allocation? Or are you just #1 on the dealer's list?

#1 on the dealer's list. Let me clarify that in the OP, thanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm #1 on one list here in the DC area. It's a smaller non-premier dealer, so I would be interested in any other allocation that becomes available. I'm now obsessed with getting this car. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
1st post for me, but long time lurker. I actually had money deposited to reserve the next Cayman GTS slot at a Premier Dealership about 90 miles from me, but decided to jump on the waiting list for the GT4 after the embargo was lifted. Getting this car would be a dream come true.

I'm currently 4th in line at the premier dealer (they have sold 11 991 gt3's last couple of years)- looking for a better spot if someone decided to give up their spot nearby. I live in South Carolina, and would be willing to travel wherever.

I'm also 2nd on the list at a much smaller local dealer, but I feel better about the 4th spot at premier. The local dealer hasn't even recieved a 981 GTS allocation since they were released. (Maybe they have never asked for one. I'm not sure how allocations typically are distributed to dealers)

Thanks!

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,078 Posts
Keep in mind that dealers have long lists. That not all will let you give up your slot in favor of someone else. Could very well be that if you don't want it the next person will move up a slot.

GL

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
I've also heard rumors of people selling their allocation slot- not sure how the logistics would work. If I were a dealer, I'd do everything I could to torpedo that.

On the other hand, I'd be curious what an allocation slot would be worth...

John

·
Registered
691 Posts
I've also heard rumors of people selling their allocation slot- not sure how the logistics would work. If I were a dealer, I'd do everything I could to torpedo that.

On the other hand, I'd be curious what an allocation slot would be worth...

John
It's been years ago, but I did this on an e39 M5. Allocations were hard to get on that car when it came out and I had put $1000 down with my closest dealer. I ended up buying a different BMW at a different dealer while I waited for the allocation. After checking with my dealer, I put my allocation up on eBay and a guy local to that dealership bought it. He paid me $3000 for the allocation and the value of the deposit, so I netted $2k. The dealer ended up getting a good local customer. Everyone was happy. Now Porsche dealers might not be so accommodating, but you never know.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Wow, the english dealers have gotten their allocations and there are quite a few disappointed folks who have given deposits. It is definitely rarer there then a GT3.

·
Registered
728 Posts
My dealer (Jimmy SB porsche) is getting 2 cars. today they took my build and deposit and confirmed one will be mine @MSRP . i was #2 on the list.carl

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm #1 on one list here in the DC area. It's a smaller non-premier dealer, so I would be interested in any other allocation that becomes available. I'm now obsessed with getting this car. :)

Thanks!

Arlington? Rockville? Silver Spring? Annapolis is the only Premier around here and Tysons seems too big.

·
Registered
728 Posts
They don't know but my gut is April build July -August delivery . They have been very straight with me . Bought 5 cars from them and referred 6 sales in the last 2 yrs. the factory still doesn't have the dealer config up for the gt4. I sat down with jimmy [email protected] his computer and it's not accepting orders. Carl

·
Registered
371 Posts
Wow, Porsche marketing has really hit one out of the park with the GT4. This is kind of the virtual equivalent to camping out for a week ahead of time in front of the iPhone store. I'm one to talk... I was "camping out" myself almost a year ago when the CGTS was announced. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Wow, Porsche marketing has really hit one out of the park with the GT4. This is kind of the virtual equivalent to camping out for a week ahead of time in front of the iPhone store. I'm one to talk... I was "camping out" myself almost a year ago when the CGTS was announced. :rolleyes:
It will be interesting to see what the reviews are like. If the reviews are as positive as the GTS reviews have been, or even more, then this will start to look like iPhone lines at dealers. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
My dealer confirmed he has 20+ deposits ahead of me and not expecting to get more than 5 GT4s.

HELP!!!! Please let me know if there is a dealer where I stand a chance of getting one in the next 2 years if I put a deposit down...

Thanks!

·
Registered
245 Posts
My dealer confirmed he has 20+ deposits ahead of me and not expecting to get more than 5 GT4s.

HELP!!!! Please let me know if there is a dealer where I stand a chance of getting one in the next 2 years if I put a deposit down...

Thanks!
Some of those 20 probably also have deposits in other dealers, so you may not be as far back as you think.

Also, the first U.S. cars won't be here until late summer. So for any given dealer, cars #2 and #3 won't be until winter probably. Some people will give up or be distracted by some other toy by then. News of the 981.2 will also be out by then, and some people will choose to wait for that.

You can also call other dealers around you and see if you find one with a shorter list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 87 Posts