Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.planet-9.com/gallery/files/3/gt4360.jpg The benchmark in its class: the Porsche Cayman GT4

Stuttgart. The new member of the Porsche GT family is the Cayman GT4. This is the first time Porsche is introducing a GT sports car based on the Cayman which has components of the 911 GT3. A lap time of 7 minutes and 40 seconds on the North Loop of the Nürburgring positions the Cayman GT4 as the new benchmark at the top of its market segment. It also makes a clear statement that Porsche will continue to promote radical two-door sports cars in the future – sports cars that are developed at the Motorsport department in Weissach.

The engine, chassis, brakes and aerodynamic design of the Cayman GT4 are configured for maximum driving dynamics; yet the top model still retains the versatility and everyday utility that are typical of the two-seat Porsche coupe. It is powered by a 3.8-litre flat-six engine with 385 hp (283 kW), which is derived from the 911 Carrera S engine. Its power is always transmitted by a six-speed manual gearbox with dynamic gearbox mounts. The Cayman GT4 accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 4.4 seconds; its top speed is 295 km/h. The car's NEDC fuel consumption is 10.3 l/100 km. The chassis – which features a 30 mm lower body position and a generously sized brake system – consists nearly entirely of components from the 911 GT3.

Fit for the circuit race track: first Porsche Cayman with downforce at both axles
On its exterior, the Cayman GT4 is clearly differentiated from related mid-engine coupes. Three distinctive inlet openings at the front and a large fixed rear wing are part of an aerodynamic package which is systematically designed for downforce. Upon request, the Cayman GT4 can be equipped even more comprehensively for sporty use. Options include the PCCB ceramic brake system, full shell seats made of carbon fibre reinforced plastic (CFRP), a custom Sport Chrono Package with the unique Track Precision app and a Club Sport Package.

The interior of the Cayman GT4 is designed so that the driver and front passenger can experience unfiltered driving enjoyment. They sit on sport seats, upholstered in a combination of leather and Alcantara, which are distinguished by very good lateral support. The new GT4 sport steering wheel guarantees ideal control and direct steering feedback due to its compact dimensions.

Technical aspects of the new GT sports car are based on the 911 GT3. As a mid-engine sports car and a prime example of driving dynamics in its class – it follows the conceptual tradition of such cars as the 904 GTS, 911 GT1, Carrera GT and 918 Spyder.
GT sports cars from Porsche embody the most passionate connection possible between everyday driving and the race track and thereby the sporty core of the brand: Intelligent Performance. Four out of five drivers of Porsche sports cars with this classification also use them on the race track.

The Cayman GT4 celebrates its world premiere in early March at the Geneva International Motor Show. It can already be ordered now, and it will arrive at dealers at the end of March. In Germany, the price of the Cayman GT4 is 85,779 euros including VAT and country-specific features.

Note: Accredited journalists can access additional photographic materials in the Porsche press database online at: https://presse.porsche.de.

Urban fuel consumption 14,8 l/100 km; extra-urban fuel consumption 7,8 l/100 km; combined fuel consumption 10,3 l/100 km; CO2 emissions 238 g/km
GO
Communication Porsche AG
Product Communication
Elena Marciniak
Phone: +49 (0) 711 / 911 29975
E-mail: [email protected]

In Depth Video from EVO

LOTS of DISCUSSION HERE: http://www.planet-9.com/981-chat/81392-cayman-gt3-gt4-testing-complete-production.html

Photos:

MORE IMAGES CAN BE FOUND IN THE GALLERY HERE: Cayman GT4 - Photo Gallery @ Planet-9 Porsche Forum

Press Video: Cayman GT4 Press Video - Downloads - Planet-9

What would you like to know about the GT4 from the Geneva launch? Ask Your Questions Here: http://www.planet-9.com/981-chat/105002-what-do-you-want-know-about-gt4.html#post920709

Want to search dealer inventory for a new GT4? Please use our new Planet-9 Porsche Search Tool here: Planet-9 Porsche Forum - Planet 9 Porsche Search

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
I didn't think you'll have time Ken to write this. I imagined you camping at your dealer's door for allocation ��

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I didn't think you'll have time Ken to write this. I imagined you camping at your dealer's door for allocation ��
Or out driving around the YELLOW press car, which you know they did because of me right? :)

BTW you have to love at the 14:35 mark of the EVO video that the subject of track use comes up and Porsche has given its blessing by saying "ABSOLUTELY" :)

·
Registered
23,161 Posts
Porsche announces Cayman GT4 with 911 GT3 components - Autoblog (blog)

[TR]
[TD="width: 80, align: center"]
Car and Driver (blog)
[/TD]
[TD="class: j"]

Porsche announces Cayman GT4 with 911 GT3 components
Autoblog (blog)
For years, there's been a debate among Porsche fans about which of its products is a better sports car, the 911 or the Cayman. It would only take a few sentences before those in the Cayman corner said that Porsche wouldn't make the Cayman as good as it ...
2015 Porsche Cayman GT4: The Cayman's Potential, UnlockedCar and Driver (blog)
Porsche Reveals New Cayman GT4 with 380HP, Priced from $84600*Carscoops (blog)
The 380bhp Porsche Cayman GT4 Is The Mid-Engined Spawn Of A 911 GT3Car Throttle
PR Newswire (press release) -GTspirit
all 38 news articles »
[/TD]
[/TR]

More...

·
Registered
23,161 Posts
Porsche Cayman GT4 - NetCarShow.com

[TR]
[TD="width: 80, align: center"][/TD]

Porsche Cayman GT4
NetCarShow.com
The new member of the Porsche GT family is the Porsche Cayman GT4. This is the first time Porsche is introducing a GT sports car based on the Cayman which has components of the 911 GT3. A lap time of 7 minutes and 40 seconds on the North Loop of the ...

http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=dUe_yxKAalSeWlM&authuser=0&ned=us
[/TD]
[/TR]

More...

·
Registered
23,161 Posts
Porsche Cayman GT4 - official! - Pistonheads.com

[TR]
[TD="width: 80, align: center"][/TD]

Porsche Cayman GT4 - official!
Pistonheads.com
Normally we're guilty of praising Porsche for doing sports car again after churning out hybrids and SUVs. But the GT4 actually is being launched as a commitment to the interesting stuff: "It also makes a clear statement that Porsche will continue to ...

http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=dpfcxSKOf8hDFsM&authuser=0&ned=us
[/TD]
[/TR]

More...

·
Registered
23,161 Posts
Porsche Cayman GT4 brings track thrills to the road - AutoExpress

[TR]
[TD="width: 80, align: center"]
AutoExpress
[/TD]

Porsche Cayman GT4 brings track thrills to the road
AutoExpress
Porsche has once again smudged the line between the racetrack and the road with its most extreme Cayman ever. Called the Cayman GT4, its pitched as a smaller sister car to the full-blown 911 GT3 and aimed squarely at buyers who regularly take their ...

http://news.google.com/news/more?ncl=dmq-FAx7PWyFawM&authuser=0&ned=us
[/TD]
[/TR]

More...

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Or out driving around the YELLOW press car, which you know they did because of me right? :)
Before everybody else, I wish you get the GT4 for it sounded like Porsche built it to get you off their back ;)

Seriously, are you in line for one?

Reactions: gottagofaster

·
Registered
23,161 Posts
Porsche announces Cayman GT4 with 911 GT3 components

Filed under: Geneva Motor Show, Porsche, Coupe, Luxury, Performance
Porsche introduces the Cayman GT4, with a 385-horsepower, 3.8-liter flat-six slung in its middle and a chassis and looks that borrow heavily from the mighty 911 GT3. And enthusiasts rejoice: the only transmission available in the GT4 is a six-speed manual.Continue reading Porsche announces Cayman GT4 with 911 GT3 components
Porsche announces Cayman GT4 with 911 GT3 components originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 03 Feb 2015 22:05:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
[h=6][/h]Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Before everybody else, I wish you get the GT4 for it sounded like Porsche built it to get you off their back ;)

Seriously, are you in line for one?

I have been offered one by a couple of dealers should I wish to purchase from them, but at this point it's all about the Benjamins. Just having spent the last 6 months caring for my father before he passed I need to get back into the job market full time and generate some substantial income if I am going to have a toy like this. :)

We are sending 2 members of this website to Geneva to cover the launch first hand for Planet-9.com!

In fact I should start a list for our reporters to gather for our members in a separate topic thread... standby! Here you go: http://www.planet-9.com/981-chat/105002-what-do-you-want-know-about-gt4.html#post920709

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hats off to you Ken for taking care of your dad, god bless him and you.

@Hassan, I knew I will find you here, a GT4 + son education funding = Win Win!

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Manual definitely sets apart GT4 from GT3 and not to mention the impressive specs and eargasmic sound to top it all.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
The exhaust note at the end of the Evo video is simply ridonkulous! Holy crap that ride is bad ***!
As I wrote on the previous thread, the exhaust sound watered my eyes.

Ignore all what was said in the interview. Just look at the car and hear the exhaust, not only a GT4 even a Cayman non-S would sell like hot cakes.

981 Boxster owners, we always drooled on your Yellows.. now it's time for you to weep on the Cayman GT4. ;)

Reactions: ralarcon

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
@Hassan, I knew I will find you here, a GT4 + son education funding = Win Win!
Even if I own a Pagani one day (when pigs grow wings) you'll find me everywhere here. P9 is my online home. :)

Reactions: tetters

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
now the question is how much is one of this????

lemon
The quotes I saw were starting around $85k (US) and about the same in EUR (in Germany I guess). I am putting my deposit down tomorrow and expect to spend some more extra (like the SC package, bucket seats, that sweet yellow stitching interior). I first was thinking ordering it PTS viper green or some light non-metallic blue. But the yellow interior accents with the outside just is so tempting...

1 - 20 of 123 Posts