Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Probably covered in other posts, but I heard that the GT4 is going to be a limited edition with a total build of 600 cars. I hope that is not the case as these will get snapped up and put away in collections. I hope to be able to buy on in a couple of years when the boys are out of college and off the "family plan". But if there is only 600, the price of those bad boys will NEVER come down.

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Probably covered in other posts, but I heard that the GT4 is going to be a limited edition with a total build of 600 cars. I hope that is not the case as these will get snapped up and put away in collections. I hope to be able to buy on in a couple of years when the boys are out of college and off the "family plan". But if there is only 600, the price of those bad boys will NEVER come down.
The evo interview with AP indicated that it is not a 1/X limited edition, but it will be a low production car. I assume they will try to make as many as they can, but probably will fall short. And in the auto bild interview, AP expressed his wish/opinion, that there probably will always be a GT4 from now on, similar to the GT3. See http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-boxster-pictures-video/105006-cayman-gt4-videos.html

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Did you catch the snafu at the 40 second mark in the "GT3RS only" video? Screenshot attached.

Hah, and if you thought the GT3RS folks were pissed before about loosing 200 rpm off the regular 991GT3 9,000 rpm spec.
Someone in the Porsche Promo editing room was probably taken out back and shot :)

Reactions: Mike R.

·
3,273 Posts
Reactions: gtscayman

·
3,273 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Re: Porsche Cayman GT4 | HYPEBEAST

The new GT3 4.0 has 115 more hp, and for those who want manual transmission, the New Ruf RGT 4.2 has 525 hp (!!), albeit at a higher price. So there are niches and there are higher level niches offered by Porsche. That's a good thing for fits like me who couldn't get a decent slot on a 3.8 GT4 wait list and can't afford a GT3 (I'm married and retired). My hunch is there well be some guys giving up their GT4 slots and/or trading their GT4s early for that new GT3... That's what I'm looking for...

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Great job, Mike!

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Super Moderator
13,994 Posts
Re: Porsche Cayman GT4 | HYPEBEAST

My hunch is there well be some guys giving up their GT4 slots and/or trading their GT4s early for that new GT3... That's what I'm looking for...
What new GT3? MY15 GT3 production has shut down to allow for RS production. There will be no MY16 GT3 as that is the face lift year and GT cars are not produced the first year.

Do you mean someone will give up a GT4 slot to buy the MY15 GT3RS? (I'm not sure if that is what your talking about). If so, try not to hold our breath ;) for two reasons. First, it costs more than twice the amount. IMO, nobody, other than a collector, will cross shop a GT3RS and GT4. I can see a collector pickup up both cars for their "stable" (I hate that word so much) but that is it. Second, they are all sold anyway. People put deposits down on those cars two years ago. As soon a the 991GT3 rumors started, everyone knows the RS model comes next and they get in line immediately. It's a limited production vehicle.

So if you want the GT4RS, which you know is coming because it always comes before the RSR version is produced, you need to get your deposit down ... last July? :(

101 - 120 of 123 Posts