Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Note that Andreas Preuninger, head of GT cars at Porsche Motorsport, says in this videothat this is the Carerra S engine. He further says the specified 385 hp for the GT4 is based on 104F temperature at 10,000 ft altitude (!)

Let me translate that for you folks in lower Sublovia (like me here in FL) closer to sea level and 80F average temp -

THIS IS THE 400 HP 3.8L Carerra S ENGINE!! CAPISCE?? (Do you understand??)

HELLO!!

Got it??

Can we please end this talk about the GT4 having a derated engine?
Thank You.

·
Registered
245 Posts
He also said he was kidding about that. The 385 is probably conservative, but the car does have a different intake, so it's possible it is producing less than the 991S.

I can't wait to see dyno results from a GT4 compared to a 991S.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
If you dyno the 991 at 10,000 ft altitude in a 104F (40C) you will get a number like 385 hp from a 400 hp NA engine. A turbo might not lose any hp in those thin air conditions, but a NA engine doesn't have as much O2 as it a would at sealevel at 30C. So it's 400 hp. Believe it!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Firstly... this is a feedbot post to a site that's just reposted a video we've already seen. Why are we discussing it here?? :D

Secondly... regardless of what intake or engine they've used... it will have exactly as much power as they want it to have. Once it's out, people will dyno it and can determine whether it's actually underrated or whether this was all just marketing gibberish. There's just no point in speculating.

Now then... please stop feeding the feedbot. :D

Reactions: chows4us
1 - 6 of 6 Posts