Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Sorry, I was referring to PTS on the GT4, not the RS. My dealer said it is available on the GT4.
Can you get it in writing and the order code information on how to add PTS to the GT4. David was not aware that PTS is available for the GT4 and unlike the other cars, it is not on the configuration tool.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can you get it in writing and the order code information on how to add PTS to the GT4. David was not aware that PTS is available for the GT4 and unlike the other cars, it is not on the configuration tool.
So far, all I have is an email. Further details to follow.

Here is part of the email...
"So it does appear that CTS will be available on GT4 but there are some material handling issues which need to be accounted for before we can give you a specific timeframe for delivery of your car. Porsche Canada are investigating this"

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
So far, all I have is an email. Further details to follow.

Here is part of the email...
"So it does appear that CTS will be available on GT4 but there are some material handling issues which need to be accounted for before we can give you a specific timeframe for delivery of your car. Porsche Canada are investigating this"
CTS on a GT4!!! That's interesting ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
(Sorry I am struggling with Swisscom upload speed and I have lost a few attempts I think.)

The unveiling was disappointing. It was done very quickly. Four women dressed in black t-shirts and trousers came out, whisked the covers off and that was it. Skoda by comparison made sure no one missed the unveiling of their Superb (by some very attractive women) and unveiled two together in different parts of the stand so that more people could see something.

There followed a description of the GT4 and GT3RS in German, so I was lost. Real "press" get remote units with live translation into 9 or 10 languages. Some of the suits stayed in the way. A guy next to me with a big camcorder (clearly a professional) who had staked his spot earlier than me stormed off in disgust. Don't the suits know it is a press day?

OK I have spent 30 minutes waiting for the upload bar on the first photo to move beyond half way. So I am going to carry on with the description and e-mail photos to Ken at Planet 9 to post. E-mails can queue themselves to go out instead of interrupting the report. So the first batch with the events after the unveiling will be "unveiling"!

And so, a "scrum" is something that happens in English rugby where lots of bodies pile in on each other to get the ball. After the introduction there were 3 scrums - two when they moved the barriers forward and the third when they removed the barriers and there was a free-for-all for the cars. (I will send GT3RS photos as well.)

After getting what photos I could (and I am a "happy snapper - I took just over 500 in total at the show but of course not just of Porsche) I decided to move on and return later when it had calmed down. See photos I will send to Ken. Also I will send the GT3RS separately.

I came across some really expensive Porsche conversions and I will send those to Ken as well. Ruf for example converts Porsches. The GT3 conversion is very wide and has 805 bhp (and a manual gearbox). For the RCT you must bring our own old Porsche in any condition and the cost depends on its condition.

I returned to the Porsche stand (via numerous supercar stands) but it still very busy. Anyone of any note was giving interviews. I saw Preuninger and managed to grab him for 2 minutes before he spotted someone he was supposed to be talking to and moved on. I asked him about the cd of the GT4. The Cayman S is 0.30, the Cayman GTS is 0.31 and the GT4 is 0.32. Yet in the brochure it says it is very slippery. (Guys, most of your questions such as can I add the Club Sport pack later and is there throttle matching in Sport only, are answered in the brochure or the Evo interview with Preuninger.) he explained the difficulty keeping the cd low once there is down thrust. The GT4 has 200kg (Cayman S and GTS have zero) so 0.32 is really really good. The GT3RS (he said) has 350kg of down thrust and 0.34 is best in class. I got more photos which I will send as the second session.

There were not many Porsche cars on the Porsche stand which is usual: Basic Cayman 2.7, 911 Targa 4 GTS, Cayenne GTS, Macan S, 918 and two hybrids. I will send some photos of these to Ken. I was surprised by the Macan bonnet, which closes over the lights and the air intakes seal into boxes in the underside of the bonnet. I have test driven the Macan Turbo but I did not look under the bonnet!

There is so much to tell on so many cars, some weird, many astounding. Lexus seems to have lost the plot on car styling (in my humble opinion), Renault continue to go for some very strange names but the interiors are quite space age-ish. The new Audi R8 does not have an instrument panel but a huge screen which is everything including the sat nav, so the instruments are set into it.

Technology abounds and even the Opel Karl (Vauxhall Viva - very basic tiny car) has on line services as standard (not extra cost) with a real person at the end and the ability to interrogate the car and say what is wrong with it if it breaks down. Also an SOS button. Subaru have collision avoidance but are doing it with 2 cameras at the top of the windscreen instead of radar. Honda has a reflective interface, so iPhone/iPad and android devices can be plugged in and you on the car touch screen exactly what is on the device screen and can operate it. (the new NSX is very cool.) And so on.

The only car I sat in that smelled like a new car (know what I mean?) was a Suzuki. I am not sure if that means anything.
I have these photos and have started uploading them into our Gallery section here: Geneva Auto Show 2015 GT4 Launch - Photo Gallery @ Planet-9 Porsche Forum

I will get some pasted into this topic thread as soon as I can as well, but for now check them out in the Gallery.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Sound with upload.me sucked unfortunately. The attached mic did not work well. I have also recorded it with my Canon and a Sony Handycam. Both seem to have better sound and image, but I have not much options to edit them at the moment, given that my laptop refuses to start up. I am now at a press computer trying to at least stitch together something, but the process is slow so I may do that later when I have a better computer again (hopefully by the weekend).
Mike, I agree with the compression it was very hard to make out the answers so please do upload a better video when you can, as well as a transcript for our members! Thanks! and Kudos on the nice shirt you were wearing! :)

·
Premium Member
324 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Thanks for posting these great pics. That is the first time I've seen the steering wheel with the RS Yellow Band in the Alcantara - Is this an option - or even an exclusive option???

61 - 80 of 102 Posts