6,776 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Awesome pictures Frank!

Thanks for posting these great pics. That is the first time I've seen the steering wheel with the RS Yellow Band in the Alcantara - Is this an option - or even an exclusive option???
I was surprised seeing it as well. Now I wonder if I still get it with the leather wheel. Anyone know from the GT3s?

Here is the interview (again :) ):

I will upload some of my pictures later today.

·
Banned
550 Posts
The GT Silver Cayman looks slightly different from the current version (front bumper especially). Is that the facelift for MY2016?
You're probably comparing it to your '15 CS. On the S, the bottom of the bumper is body color. On the base car, which is pictured, it's black. Is that what you're seeing? If so, it's been like that since the introduction of the 981.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You're probably comparing it to your '15 CS. On the S, the bottom of the bumper is body color. On the base car, which is pictured, it's black. Is that what you're seeing? If so, it's been like that since the introduction of the 981.
My mistake. It's only today I realized that the bottom of the bumper of the base Cayman was black, while the S' was body colour...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,273 Posts

·
3,273 Posts
Thanks for posting these great pics. That is the first time I've seen the steering wheel with the RS Yellow Band in the Alcantara - Is this an option - or even an exclusive option???
I asked my SA to check when we went through the build. He got the answer today:

I talked to our designer in LA and he said [...]

The cars they had a the Geneva show apparently had a colored TDC mark but he
does not think the production car will have a colored TDC mark either in leather
or alcantara. He explained that often the cars at the show are not identical to
what will be coming when the car gets to production. The orange TDC mark on the
GT3 RS is not accurate either.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
I'd like to have both Frank and Mike investigated for hiding beauties in Geneva Show from us. ;)

81 - 100 of 102 Posts