Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
That has to be a mistake, the center of gravity lowered by 30 CM?? I think they must have meant 30 MM, millimeters, not centimeters, 30 centimeters is almost a foot!
That narrator may have a pleasant voice but he's a sports car moron, I've heard him spew laughable fact gaffes before.

He's incorrectly trying to state this (from Porsche's site):

"In addition, the body is lowered 30 mm to maintain a low center of gravity".

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
Goofnik, the body seems to be 981 GT4. See the video at 2:15, maybe I'm wrong?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9dYxLCj2dE
Not a GT4 front bumper (similar but not the same), no GT4 side air scoops either. It's a 981 for sure, but I can't see anything that says it is surely a GT4 other than someone titled the video that way. Could be this is a 981 that someone modified to run in the GT4 series.

Upon further review definitely a normal 981 modified for the track, not a GT4 from Porsche.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
So if Chris is as good as Walter then the GT4 is as good as the GT3 :)
FWIW the track has several configurations that can be run, without knowing the specifics you can't make any judgements regarding the times between the 991GT3 and the GT4 given that they were done on different days.

In the end of 2014 special Chris Harris brings in a 918 Spyder and that car puts down a 1:56 vs a 2:03 on the 991GT3. A F458 Speciale does a 1:58 IIRC.

Attachments

·
Registered
966 Posts
Not a GT4 front bumper (similar but not the same), no GT4 side air scoops either. It's a 981 for sure, but I can't see anything that says it is surely a GT4 other than someone titled the video that way. Could be this is a 981 that someone modified to run in the GT4 series.

Upon further review definitely a normal 981 modified for the track, not a GT4 from Porsche.
Yeah, the car in that video has a complete 911 front end, including headlights. Definitely a modified Porsche Cayman, not a Porsche GT4...
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,911 Posts

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
lol "... The Center of gravity has been lowered 30cm ..."

NOT

The car's suspension has been dropped 30mm, lowering the center of gravity.

Journalist sports car noob, lol.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Not GT4 specific, but you see several test cars including the GT4 lapping the Nurburgring. Looks great in Agate Grey BTW.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts