Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
^^^^ over cooked one corner, otherwise good on the limit driving!!
Yes. Seems to have exchanged some plastic pieces against gravel. Also sounds great. Sequential gearbox?

Probably the cup car mule at Monza.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Thanks for posting the video of the Cup car mule testing at Monza.

Looks like the car lost the rear right brake duct during the off track excursion at what looked like the Variante de retifilio.

The car did sound like it had a sequential gearbox, the driver was sometimes doing the standard routine of tapping the brake at the 300 meter mark before committing fully to braking/trail braking.

·
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
^ I didn't understand it all. But what I understood is the following:
1) 981 Spyder is sexier than any 981
2) Cayman S owners got screwed
3) soon GT4 owners will get screwed by a GT4 RS
4) there's more but my German is a bit rusty ;)

Mike R, can help more.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Here it is from Drive with questions and answers about allocations, drive, techs... etc.

Reactions: Mike R.

·
Registered
850 Posts
And that T-shirt, yikes!

Mike R, can help more.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Looks like just getting a cayman s, and spending 10-15k in modifications on it will get you close enough to a GT4 minus the extra HP....
Put a 3.8 L engine in a GTS and the GT4 will become invisible to everybody but track junkies.

The GTS looks better to me, it just lacks the engine/power.

·
Registered
540 Posts
How do you say in German? Come on your German....you have to be smart enough to know the sound DB will be louder on the GT4. All 6 CYL come out the middle vs the GTS only has 3 CYL on each side......try standing back 15-20 ft.

·
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #96

Mike R, can help more.
:hilarious:

This was the segment of the show I mentioned above. The two drivers are the sons and grandsons of two German race legends (Stuck) and are racing themselves. The segment was basically having the older represent the older car (911 GTS) and the younger represent the younger car (GT4). Not a lot of new information. In the end it was more about the brother's rivalery and their mistakes that decided the win. The conclusion in the end was that the younger brother can be great as well and both cars are great but the GT4 is 30k Euros cheaper.

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Really enjoyed this video!!! Didn't understand a word, but it looks like a fun comparison between the Carerra GTS and the Cayman GT4. Outcome as expected. :)

German translator needed!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Really enjoyed this video!!! Didn't understand a word, but it looks like a fun comparison between the Carerra GTS and the Cayman GT4. Outcome as expected. :)
And I loved their brotherhood... Their father must be so proud for bringing them up right.

·
Administrator
34,452 Posts
As I understand it the 911 GTS slightly edged the GT4 due to a better launch (GT4 was catching it at the end) and then the GT4 started off behind the 911 GTS at the track but was able to pass because neither driver really knew what he was doing. Makes for fun video and lots of smoky drifting sequence and a lot of brotherly hugs, but really not anything definitive about the cars other than they both can be a lot of fun... :)

81 - 100 of 107 Posts