Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am fairly new to the forum (have posted before, but didn't have my flame suit on) and P cars in general and the wife gave me the OK for a Pcar as long as I dont spend more than our mortgage (and as the GT3/GT4 are nothing more than unicorns), Don't worry chows I won't mention the corvette C7 I'm coming from, I have learned were that goes. Anyway I just ordered a 2016 CGTS my build is as follows

Rhodium Silver (tough choice between this and sapphire blue but I'm a silver guy)
Manual
convenience package
X73 sport suspension
PTV
Wheels in painted satin platinum
white sport chrono/instrument dials (match my favorite watch, and are not an option for me)
guards red seat belts (what do you think about yellow)
smoking package
fire extinguisher
Door sill guards in stainless (illuminated) (does anyone think that this is worth 800)
porsche emblem on the storage compartment lid in alcantara (or does the crest look better)
power folding mirrors
headlight cleaning system in body color
parking sensor/rearview camera (would prefer just the camera, but porsche won't let me)
CDR+ (see questions below)
Bose stereo

here is the tricky stuff
I really like to blue tooth stream music (and i used to love sirius but not so much anymore) but I don't want the roof wart from CDR+(I hate the look of the roof wart antenna), I have read the threads with aftermarket options, I'm just not excited about have a 50 dollar griffin dangle in a 88K car (silly i know), so the question is for those that have the roof wart is it worth the options that come with it (for me its the rearview camera/bluetooth capability) to have the whitlow antenna as i have come to call it?!?!?!

* I also really like the rear valence off of the GT4 (which is not available with the rear parking sensors, through sun coast ) thoughts?

* Does any one have a picture of the interior without the GTS package, i dont want to sped the 3K on "deviated stitching" and some carbon fibre on the dash.

*any other options that are an absolute must/anything that you would delete

Thank in advance
J

·
Caymudgeon
710 Posts
IMO, PTV is the only must-have option with the GTS.

Here is a link to pictures of one without the interior package: 2015 Porsche Cayman 2dr Cpe GTS Madison WI 9821478

If you don't care about sat radio or nav and you don't want the roof wart then I think the dongle is the lesser evil.

GT4 rear valance: I like the GTS; not worth the money it would cost you to upgrade, IMO.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice! Congratulations!

Which wheels?

I also considered the Sapphire Blue before deciding upon Agate Grey. I'm getting the Carrera S wheel unpainted. I do not like black wheels and have been going back and forth between the unpainted wheel and the platinum satin. My feeling is that the platinum wheel makes the car look monochromatic.

Would love to hear your thoughts. I have time til the config goes hard. Like a month...

Back to your other questions - you got the performance option I got so we are in agreement. Everything else is personal preference. I got the Infotainment Bose package. I'm already a XM customer and I wanted to have a single integrated solution for everything.

You live in FL - have you considered full leather and checking the Seat Ventilation box?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Regarding the seat belts. If you decide to get PCCB, then Yellow belts makes sense to me to match. Otherwise, with red calipers, red belts would match otherwise you don't have anything else red and may look out of place. As for CDR+, I also didn't want the roof wart and have zero interest in sat radio, but the other benefits of CDR+ out weigh the cons (for me), so I have it and have learned to live with it. Unfortunately, you can't really remove it as it leaves a hole. As noted above, I like the ventilated seats. It's not super strong, but noticeable.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Since you're getting a GTS, spring for the GTS interior package; the deviated stitching is nice and the carbon fiber looks a lot better than the cheap aluminum brush plastic trims. I wish they would replace all the trims with carbon fiber instead of just the major pieces. Plus if you ever track your car, the alcantara seat inserts will be more functional than the leather as they will hold you in the seat better. I also live in FL and the car stays quite cool with 20% window tint and 70% windshield tint...the alcantara seat inserts are also temperature neutral so they don't get very hot or cold. Regardless of options, congrats on a nice car!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Since you're getting a GTS, spring for the GTS interior package; the deviated stitching is nice and the carbon fiber looks a lot better than the cheap aluminum brush plastic trims. I wish they would replace all the trims with carbon fiber instead of just the major pieces. Plus if you ever track your car, the alcantara seat inserts will be more functional than the leather as they will hold you in the seat better. I also live in FL and the car stays quite cool with 20% window tint and 70% windshield tint...the alcantara seat inserts are also temperature neutral so they don't get very hot or cold. Regardless of options, congrats on a nice car!
GTS interior kit seconded. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
My SA advise that the stainless door sills scuff easily and don't age well. I had an AMG Merc in the past with them and found this to be true. P-car owners with them might weigh in here regarding how they wear on a 981.

Thumbs up for the Rhodium silver. That's what I went for, so I'm a bit biased, I suppose.

I went for the alcantara delete ergo leather interior. Purely a personal preference.

Lots of discussion on here re the X73 suspension. I didn't go for it as mine is a daily driver, though from what I've gleaned, it is still livable that way.

Hope this helps and big congrats!

·
Registered
766 Posts
@RXDO,
As a new owner (only few days) of CGTS, I'd like to pitch-in :D

- I got the center consol storage LID from SunCoast (a bit cheaper) All it take is 8-10 torx screws and easy work done (just letting you where I got mine) but mine is Porsche Crest and I absolutely love it. I think it looks nicer because it is mirroed from driver and passenger side, but Porsche lettering only is nice from one side.

- Sport Suspension not too harsh but just right, I test drove BGTS in time of ordering this car with PASM and X73 felt better. To me CGTS with SS is low, with PASM is only 10mm higher which won't make that much of a difference. SS handles unsmooth roads just fine for me.

- Everyone said PTV is the MUST, I got it but it won't probably shine on the street therefore I haven't felt it or I have but don't get the difference but I didn't want to blame myself for not ordering it.

- I got CDR+ and backup cam and ofcourse the retard antenna. It does NOT bug me at all, it is there. Plus at least, I can stream my music from my phone and wanted the backup anyways.

- GTS alcantra inside is just nice. I really like it. I got steering wheel alcantara as well which I think I made the right choice.

- Interior photos of regular GTS interior don't do justice. When I got the car, I was surprised how good it looked. If I could get the stitching in yellow, I would have done GTS interior but since that wasn't an option, I stayed with base interior. Looks pretty nice except the trim which doesn't look good with Alcantara to me. I have ordered Carbon trim already to be made and will install once it is here. I hope that fixes the problem for me. other than that, interior looks nice.

- I have a Racing Yellow GTS, so seatbelts are yellow. I like them but probably on a silver car I would have gone red.

Nice built and excitement and joy is coming your way. You will love every bit of driving this wonderful wonderful machine.

If you want any pics or info, let me know.

Congrats.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Congrats on the build! I myself was on a budget really so I didn't go for the interior package. Yes, the deviated stitching would be nice, but seeing how it was the main attraction in the package, I didn't think it was worth the $3k price tag.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Congrats! great build, you will love it. Glad to hear that your wife is on board as well.
If you get the GTS interior package, opt for the leather steering wheel.
Boner inducing pictures below....

LVWF1XK.jpg 2di3hj8.jpg QIL6Wpd.jpg WE3AYtA.jpg Porsche-Cayman-GTS-interior1.jpg Porsche-Boxster-Cayman-GTS-Fahrbericht-1200x800-88a1d257f9777c17.jpg

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hey, that's my car!! :)

62450d1439914939-cayman-gts-build-2di3hj8.jpg

Reactions: monkeyboy

·
Registered
111 Posts
Living in the Gulf South, my favorite option is the vented seats. I press that button as soon as I start my car. The next button pressed is Sport. I highly recommend vented seats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts