Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi placed my order for cayman gts im having trouble choosing the right seat im a fairly big 6'2" and 260 lb cayman gts as standard here dubai comes with 2 way sport plus seats i really like the bucket seats but i dont know if i would fit in them they would be comfortable for long drive im planing on track use and dd i have macan too but i would rather drive cayman ;) i have not test drived yet tomorrow im going to but they only have the sport plus and there is the option of 18 way which i like too the lumber support and every thing but it adds weight not sure if they are smaller than the 2 way
and also i wanted ask which seat is lower buckets 2 way or they 18 way is there a diffrence between 2 way and 18 way in terms of height adjustment
other thing im struggling to chose is the sport suspension or pasm in dubai roads are pretty good i already have chosen the ss but i am worried they will be too stiff also consider i want track performance too
thanks in advance
here is my options list:
carmine red
black leather interior incl. alcantra package gts carmine red
porsche entry and drive
park assist front and rear
Porsche ceramic composite break (pccb)
Porsche torque vectoring(ptv)incl. mechanically locking rear differential
pdk
sport chassis 20 mm lower
20 inch 911 turbo design wheels
instrument dials in carmine red
gts communcation package
adaptive cruise contorol
light desighn package
sport seats 2 way
bose sound system

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's more comfortable for a wider guy in the regular non-sport seat! You will have more adjustments to make yourself comfortable with the 18 way.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The simple answer is to sit in all four available seat models.

That's what I did.

There are actually two seat types and two 'power' options for each seat type. You don't need to sit in all four.

I have a wide upper torso. I tried the base seat and the 14-way seat. Those two are really the same seat. The 14-way is the 'power option' version of the base seat. I felt like my upper back was being supported by a 2x4 right down the middle. Those seats don't have enough width in the upper half. It was a very weird feeling.

The sport seat plus and 18-way seat are the same seat with the latter being, of course, the 'power option' version. I found that those seats have more width in the upper half of the seat back. They felt 'normal' to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts