Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carmag did a heads up run comparing the Cayman GTS to the new lightweight Alpha 4C from a standing start. The Alpha reportedly delivers 0 - 60 time of 4.0 seconds, while the GTS is supposedly slower at 4.6/4.5 seconds. Which is actually fastest?

Watch this quick, well produced video clip to find out - VIDEO: Performance Shootout 2015 – Alfa Romeo 4C vs. Porsche Cayman

Makes me smile. :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
So what was the time? Makes you wonder if the Alfa actually did 4 secs or not and thus what the Cayman time was. The launch control function gives a heck of a hole shot.

·
Vendor
703 Posts
There is no comparison to doing a hole shot with Launch Control vs. without. Even a stock 3.4L GTS will accelerate so well it will make your stomach queezy...driver AND passenger. This video makes you wonder about results, etc. The Launch Control is unreal the way it does not chirp the tires at all and you feel like you're losing zero ground and that all torque is being delivered.

·
Registered
955 Posts
LOL ... I thought our cars aren't designed for drag racing, but meant to excel in the curves. Or do we only say that when we lose? I'm new to the Porsche club.
:taunt:

Reactions: Bionic Man
1 - 5 of 5 Posts