Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never realized that the roof is that low in the Cayman. I've never sat in one. That looks really exotic.

I thought my box roof was low because the top touches the roll bar. I think I need to take a trip to the P dealer. I will probably want a CGTS after driving one. I've only driven various BS.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I believe the seats are at the highest position and I don't recall my seats come close to touching the roof with my setting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe the seats are at the highest position and I don't recall my seats come close to touching the roof with my setting.
can confirm. for whatever reason, the first Cayman I sat in had the seats super high and I was like there is no way I can fit in this thing. Then i lowered the seat by approximately 6 inches and all was well again. Apparently they had gnomes parking the cars in the showroom. The top of the seat comes no where close to the ceiling at a reasonable height.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
It seems to me that there w as always more than enough headroom, even for fairly tall folks, right up till the moment they caught up with their 1st GT3 at a HPDE. then, suddenly, there could be a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: matttheboatman

·
Registered
751 Posts
If you follow this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=72qpgA7Cr_4 then proper seating position is as low as possible so you sit in the car and not on it. I'm 5' 10" and have no problems with head room. I do have a child seat for my daughters i. The passenger seat which I do have near the highest position so they can see over the dash easier. With the passenger seat that high, you can't flip the seat forward without it hitting the headliner

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
My son is 6'4"+ in height. He has no problem with headroom in my Cayman. His only issue is the size 14 shoe between throttle and brake pedals.

·
Registered
851 Posts
There's room for me, but not if I'm wearing a helmet (for DE or autocross). I had to scoot it forward and recline some more to be able to fit in with the helmet, then I can't see the corners of the car very well from that position. Seat memory helps a lot for that, I have regular on the key, and with helmet on button 1 (and the wife uses button 2).

·
Registered
992 Posts
All seats can be lowered, except the folding Sport Buckets from the 987.2 generation. The new (non-folding) Sport Buckets from the 918 will hopefully be available soon and the driver's seat is electrically height adjustable (first time ever for a race-type seat). I could never fit with the previous bucket seats. With the non-racing seats, I've also noticed considerably more headroom in the manual seats compared to the electric Adaptive Sport Seats.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
6'2" and size 14 feet here in a manual Cayman S with 18 way seats.
No issues whatsoever.

FYI: I found the 14 and 18 seats were able to get lower to the floor then the Sport Plus seat setup. I did not compare these three optional configurations to the standard seat. The Sport Plus seat (IMO) happens to be one of the best values on the 981 option list. I wanted them, but spent the $ on the 18 way seats after tested then back to bad a few times to find the ability to get lower in the 18 ways worked better for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts