Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad day for me................. (well it actually happened yesterday).........

Black Cayman with Beige interior...........driving in SoCal (San Fernando Valley)..........you might have seen me since I still to this day have not seen another Cayman...........

Went into Carl's Jr (thats Hardy's for people not on the west coast) for about 15 minutes and when I came out, I noticed the back bumper was hit, like somebody was backing up from the opposite end, didnt see it (or feel it) and just drove away......

I look around for a note.........nothing..........I look around for witnesses...........nothing..........

Anger quickly turns into frustration......................I have insurance and I know that this will be taken care of but now I am worried that changing the bumper (along with fixing the reverse sensors and the muffler which was slightly moved) could take much longer then I think. I hope it is only a matter of a week or 2, but I have a feeling that this being a new car that it could take a few weeks before the body shop even gets the bumper in....................

Oh the car is still driveable, in fact you wouldnt even notice the accident unless you really looked at it but its almost as if the car has lost its virginity (which might not be a bad thing).........

So thats my story...............and lucky me I just bought some new pedals from the Ultimate Pedal group buy.............now they will have to sit and wait for there daddy to be fixed................

So I say to every other Cayman owner, love your car and watch out for all these bad drivers..........you dont want this to happen to you..................at least if it was massive damage and I had somebodys name I could unleash my anger towards them but instead I am left with empty handed ..............just like prom night (wait a minute..................................)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Drag city, dude. Sorry to hear that. Why is it that stuff never happens at least when you're around and can correct the error of their ways. Hope it works out for you, sounds like it was minimal andwill be back good as new. Best of luck. -Steve

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car, there are a lot of low lifes out there that have no respect for such a nice car. What they forget is that we bust our butt to afford these things, no one is just handing us the keys.

I feel your frustration, good luck

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
i know its hard...but try to look on the bright side...at least it was minor and you are still able to drive your baby...even though she is injured. one of the other guys on the forum got slammed and he was without his cayman for weeks maybe months (cant remember)...but he too was hit by some idiot not paying attention.

sorry for your loss...good luck and keep your chin up.

·
Administrator
34,485 Posts
As you probably know, much of SoCal is under supervision by remote cameras. Was this Carl's Jr. near an intersection? If so the city traffic cams might have caught the car who did it, likewise if there are any other businesses nearby with camcorders (assuming Carl's Jr. didn't have their own), one of them might have picked up something. I'm sorry to hear this happened and yes, Karma, or another Cayman owner will get even with this person.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
As you probably know, much of SoCal is under supervision by remote cameras. Was this Carl's Jr. near an intersection? If so the city traffic cams might have caught the car who did it, likewise if there are any other businesses nearby with camcorders (assuming Carl's Jr. didn't have their own), one of them might have picked up something. I'm sorry to hear this happened and yes, Karma, or another Cayman owner will get even with this person.

Great idea. Your insurance company probably won't want to spend the money on the investigation; but LE might. And it will give them something to do /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/thumbsup.gif

Now about the damage to your body - you shouldn't be eating that stuff ... and your car deserves better parking ... A $6 burger at a $6 burger place may have had better parking OR the culprit may not have eaten there ...

·
There is no substitute!
954 Posts
Dosh, Sorry to hear about what happened to your car! Did you take anypics of the damaged bumper? We had asimilar situation with our two weeks old SUV (hit & run in front of a Police Station). I just couldn't stand the wait to have the car back in one piece again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys are all right................

Heres the one problem that ties everything in together................I work in the 'beautiful' city of North Hollywood where no insurance drivers-Carl's Jr-bad roads are everywhere..............if anybody knows this area you know of what I speak...........

I cant ask for a parking lot camera because none of the lots (and the one I was parked in) has any in this area...........

I had to eat that crappy $6 meal because their is nothing else except fast food in the area that I work in for about 30 minutes. I work in a heavily industrial/residential area and there is no shopping/food areas anywhere.

I have come to 2 conclusions after this. 1) From now on bring my own lunch with me and 2) start taking my Camry to work and leave the Porsche for the weekends (just like it says on my insurance form :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
That sucks i was in a cayman accident it was porsches car to not even mine taken it for a test drive and some lady ramed into me from the back at 30 mph and i was at a dead stop belive it or not the cayman walked away with just bad<u>Bumperettes</u> and probaly messed up rear axis or something i didnt have to deal it with made the lady drive to the porsche dealer with me and explain to them and walked away.

Edited by - porschematt21 on 07/16/2006 8:53:54 PM

1 - 20 of 24 Posts