Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an interest in a 2009 Cayman standard, that has about 6,000 miles on it, and was a loaner car. May have been used as a demo too, but not sure. With so many drivers, is buying such a car a real risk? It is CPO. At an asking price of $49,000 it is priced way too high, but what might be reasonable. $47,300 without CPO. Car is in perfect shape. It has heated seats, 18" Boxster II wheels, Sound Pkg plus, Bluetooth, Universal audio connectivity, Meteor Grey, self-dim mirrors and rain sensors, wheel caps w/colored crest, floor mats in interior color, and spolier lips in exterior color. Listed at $55,685, plus destination.

- Phil

·
Registered
210 Posts
Seems a little high. I almost bought a new 2009 base cayman with sport seats and less than 100 miles back in November. The dealer offered it to me for 50k with really no haggling. It was listed at 56k.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I have always been nervous about rentals, loaners and demos. I know how i drive them and i think i am more gentle than most i've been out in a cold porsche and been told by the sales guy " don't worry, push it". I would only buy with cpo and a really good price.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have always been nervous about rentals, loaners and demos. I know how i drive them and i think i am more gentle than most i've been out in a cold porsche and been told by the sales guy " don't worry, push it". I would only buy with cpo and a really good price.
+1. There's something to be said for buying new and putting on all the miles yourself. You should assume a loaner with miles, especially a sports car, has had the snot beat out of it - and it should be priced accordingly.

·
Registered
568 Posts
+1. There's something to be said for buying new and putting on all the miles yourself. You should assume a loaner with miles, especially a sports car, has had the snot beat out of it - and it should be priced accordingly.
+1 again to the above. My wife wants to "save money" by purchasing a loaner C350 Mercedes from a local dealer. I would rather buy new or "clean" one owner car. Loaners make me nervous!:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts