Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I can't confirm if the finish is silver or chrome but can confrim it's in two pieces. Both come with self adhesive tape applied to the back.

Give Suncoast a call.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE:

Called Suncoast...the item in the link is NOT a chrome version of the Cayman logo.

Also talked to Eric at BumperPlugs. Here was his response:

"Chrome over plastic is not doable in the US due to chemical EPA restrictions. It's not offered by Porsche either (Boxster and Turbo emblems are). But...we can refinish the Cayman logo to nearly any finish. We do have a chrome coating we've been using, but it is both tricky and expensive."

I haven't really decided what do do. I am having stripes paint on my white Cayman like the new 911 Sport Classic. I think the gray logo on the gray stripes will not be enough of a contrast.

My dilemma is to leave the logo off, have it finished in chrome (like the Sport Classic), or paint it a contrasting color (like a satin black to match my interior).

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Humm....I wonder why they say that about a chrome finish...I know the process I've used before, a metal deposition process where the coating is sputtered on instead of dipped, has no EPA issue. Likely more expensive than a normal chrome platting but certainly doable on plastic. And I agree about the silver painted parts...I just don't like that either. The Suncoast part sounds like the standard part available from any dealer...I just bought an extra one so could do a red S. Looks great on yellow:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts