Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know of a portable low cost ramp of some sort to help flatten out the entry to the driveway to prevent scraping of the Cayman nose? Mine does not scrape, but is AWFULLY close. A passenger in the car would probably compress the suspension enough to make it hit. I just want something to put on the driveway end/gutter that permits water to drain. There are options out there, but rather expensive and obviously, easily stolen.

- Phil

·
Registered
992 Posts
The actual nose or just the plastic flaps at the bottom? I scrape the latter all the time (lowered), but would have to try pretty hard to get the nose to hit. Are you taking the driveway at an angle?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Buy a 6 foot length of 2x8. Cut in half so you have 2 3' pieces but make the cut at a 45 degree angle. The is what I use to get the Boxster on the trailer. The tires hit the end of the ramp just before the nose hits the incline. Works great.

Another solution if you are the property owner. A bag of quickcrete.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Not the ideal solution, but for 2 years I used 4 bundles of tied newspapers until the city repaved the road next to my driveway. It works, it's cheap and if someone steals it, I have plenty of other newspapers! :hilarious:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The actual nose or just the plastic flaps at the bottom? I scrape the latter all the time (lowered), but would have to try pretty hard to get the nose to hit. Are you taking the driveway at an angle?
My wife says, while watching the car enter the driveway, there is about .25" between the spoiler lips and the pavement. I have been approaching the driveway at an angle, but today, tried a much shallower angle and wife says that increased the clearance quite a bit.

- Phil

·
Registered
160 Posts
On my 07 Cayman S it clearly had been hitting various curbing while going in and out of driveway...as a matter of fact to a point of causing one of the screws holding on the front spoiler to become lodged in a tire...an expensive lesson....another reason getting a another S didn't appeal to me....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts