Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Pretty neat!

I recall the Boxster Spyder on Motorweek a few days ago. That's filmed near my area.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nice review. All details aside, the reviewers both had those big grins on their face that I think most of us also get every time we hop in our Cayman's and turn the key (hey, I even get that grin just wandering out into the garage and sitting in it after a long day at work).

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice review. It's interesting that a local Seattle station gets the first drive in a 2011 Cayman ahead of the major enthusiast magazines. ;)
BW

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Although the article may be a bit exaggerated (and biased) but yes it is the best written article ever about the passion towards a Cayman!

·
Registered
283 Posts
A passionate review.
BTW, Where is the ignition on right hand drive cars?
On the right? so the left hand can be on the shifter. :drivingskid:

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Nice to see the Cayman getting more positive reviews.Hey i always wondered why Porsches had the ignition on the left and then i read a while back that it was so they could do a Lemans style start back in the day and yes exactly right so as you can have one hand on the shifter allowing a quicker gettaway.I personally found this little factiod interesting....:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
What is interesting is that he attempts to describe the intangibles felt when driving the car. It really feels like no other car, although a Ferrari or Lotus might be enough.

Nice that he drove the base Cayman. Most of reviews feature the S.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts