Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Saturday Speed will Air the Grand-Am Continental Sports Car Challange from Homestead. Our Cayman number 44 was one of the quickest Porsche and was in the top 10 in almost every practice. We failed the ride height in Tech due to the Rain Flaps in front of the rear tires and started in the back of over 30 cars but When the green flag dropped we moved from last to 6th place in the first 45 min. That should get the Cayman some TV coverage. We picked up some debri at that time and had to retire the car due to a P/S Hose being cut. Check out the Magnus Racing - Home site for some great pix of the Tatum Racing Built Cayman. JT

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Just watched the race.Nice job! Kinda crappy about a rain deflector.I thought that the commentators of the race gave the Caymans a good review.Saying how the Cayman is favored over the 911's as the car to develope "alot of teams are running the Cayman out of the Porsche stable" Not verbatum but close to what was was said. Also that expect the Cayman teams to move up in the results as the car is developed. Good showing and well done.Look forward to seeing more of the Cayman race teams. The series also reminded me a little of the old Trans-Am series.The cars actually look like the showroom models.Good stuff:cheers:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Watched the race, and it did have some similarities to the old trans am series, particularly the Mustangs and Sunoco Camaro. I was very impressed with the performance of the Caymans considering that they are at the beginning of the development curve. Seems to me that there is the potential for them to be front runners with continued development.

·
Premium Member
4,145 Posts
Good luck on your endeavours! Good to see the Cayman getting developed. Missed the show this afternoon, was wondering if it's supposed to air again?:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.