Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just toying around with adding a Cayman R rear Wing on my 2010S.

A few questions:

1. On a Cayman R, despite the rear wing, does it have a speed activated electronic spoiler?

2. Is the rear spoiler on a Cayman R larger (as in from front to back) than a Cayman S? The pictures look like it.

3. Anyone put on a Cayman R spoiler on your trunk lid (seems like that's where it sits) and keep your original Cayman S Spoiler? Any hindrance to the S spoiler raising or do you have to disable the electronic spoiler?

4. Any pics of a R rear wing with an S spoiler raised? Would be good to see how they align.

Thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
1. Cayman R rear spoiler is fixed. Nothing to be raised or lowered electronically or otherwise.

2. R spoiler is a little larger, maybe 1- 2 inches front to back.

3. & 4. I think it’s either the fixed R spoiler or the moveable S spoiler. There was an old thread about adding the R spoiler to an S, I’m going from memory.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Cayman R rear spoiler is fixed. Nothing to be raised or lowered electronically or otherwise.

2. R spoiler is a little larger, maybe 1- 2 inches front to back.

3. & 4. I think it’s either the fixed R spoiler or the moveable S spoiler. There was an old thread about adding the R spoiler to an S, I’m going from memory.
Thanks for chiming in.

I tried searching but nothing came up.

When you say R spoiler is a lttle larger, you mean R WING is a little larger?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes, rear wing, not spoiler. Let me know if you want me to measure the R wing.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Thanks for offering but I think I'm going to pass. Its more for cosmetic purposes for me and if I have to disable my electronic spoiler, I'll pass.

Some have said the original spoiler can still be raised with the R wing but I'm not sure how that will look and affect the aerodynamics (although I said its for looks, I guess prudence begs the question of how the 2 will affect on my occasional B-roads and high speed runs). I'm also not intending to add the associated front spoiler and only have added the Verus canards.

Will just work on my spacers and complete my refresh program.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Just toying around with adding a Cayman R rear Wing on my 2010S.

A few questions:

1. On a Cayman R, despite the rear wing, does it have a speed activated electronic spoiler?

2. Is the rear spoiler on a Cayman R larger (as in from front to back) than a Cayman S? The pictures look like it.

3. Anyone put on a Cayman R spoiler on your trunk lid (seems like that's where it sits) and keep your original Cayman S Spoiler? Any hindrance to the S spoiler raising or do you have to disable the electronic spoiler?

4. Any pics of a R rear wing with an S spoiler raised? Would be good to see how they align.

Thanks.

View attachment 266251

View attachment 266252
I added the Cayman R rear deck to my 987.1 and it has the fixed wing. I had Porsche dealer cancel the speed triggered rise of the stock S spoiler. They did it with the PEWIS tool. The stock S wing still deploys if you do it manual from the dash. They do not interfere.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I added the Cayman R rear deck to my 987.1 and it has the fixed wing. I had Porsche dealer cancel the speed triggered rise of the stock S spoiler. They did it with the PEWIS tool. The stock S wing still deploys if you do it manual from the dash. They do not interfere.
Here’s how it looks. This is a track oriented car I don’t use both on track but look interesting when parked

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I’d expect the air flow to interfere. Each was designed to do a job but unlikely to work together. Also doubt one could tell the difference at most speeds run on a track. I don’t have a side shot but can take one later to post.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’d expect the air flow to interfere. Each was designed to do a job but unlikely to work together. Also doubt one could tell the difference at most speeds run on a track. I don’t have a side shot but can take one later to post.
Thanks again Dave. Looking forward to the side profile pic. I'm toying with this or the Ducktail. Looks wise I prefer this.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for offering but I think I'm going to pass. Its more for cosmetic purposes for me and if I have to disable my electronic spoiler, I'll pass.

Some have said the original spoiler can still be raised with the R wing but I'm not sure how that will look and affect the aerodynamics (although I said its for looks, I guess prudence begs the question of how the 2 will affect on my occasional B-roads and high speed runs). I'm also not intending to add the associated front spoiler and only have added the Verus canards.

Will just work on my spacers and complete my refresh program.
The GT4 full carbon fiber wing we offer at Composite Concepts allows the factory spoiler to continue to operate and has a broad range of adjustment to allow a dialed in downforce for any track or autoX course. This is especially true when combined with our Porsche factory GT3 Cup splitter. Over 200 sold.

Jon
Composite Concepts Dist.
[email protected],
954 931 0319

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Jon. Probably too aggressive (big) for my preference and I've also just gone with a duck tail.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts