Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I need help from a CR owner (need front bump stop part number and picture). I'm installing a CR suspension kit on my Cayman S (all new parts). When I was fitting the front bump stop and bellow on the front strut, I was finding strange that there like no travel. When the bump stop is in, we can't see the silver part of the strut. On my CS, we can no problem. I would need some one with a CR who would be kind enough to take a picture of his front suspension setup and get the part number on the bump stop. It would be much appreciated!

At the dealer, there's no mention that there are two part number different for the bump stop. It says that the CS and CR uses the same. But the dealer said that the CS and CR doesn't use stop disks for the rear unless it has PASM, but mine was having stop disks, so I'm not confident about my dealer.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I would call up Suncoast they have the knowledge since they put a special sport suspension package together and are a site sponsor as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found the answer! On the Cayman parts diagram, there's no mention that there are 2 bump stop, so one specific to the CR. On the Boxster parts diagram you can see that there's one bump stop for the Boxster Spyder that is different from the Boxster S. So in the case that the Boxster Spyder and CR share the same setup. Here you go, look at number 9 on both diagrams.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts