Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this in a few places, but nowhere have I seen it offered available for sale.

I believe the original part was made by progers in limited quantity, but now that he is no longer a sponsor, I am looking for who may be the new manufacturer of this part...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sports car

Pictured is a 987.1, but I am looking for 987.2.

Looking for the centre finishing piece that turns the Cayman R or Aerokit winglets into a full splitter.

Looking to add a splitter to my vehicle, and not looking to go as extreme as the interseries splitter because of my ride height, so this seems like the best option available for the street.

Please let me know if you guys have any info on this part!

Thanks

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hello to fellow Ontarian,

While this may not be exactly what you want, see below for what I have on my 987.2

I got the splitter from Jon. He also sells a GT4-style wing and side scoops.

I am pretty happy with the splitter. Since my car is lowered, I scrape the pavement sometimes and had to re-attach with new screws several times. It is expected wear and tear of such a part.
I believe it helps to generate some down force on the front, which balances my rear where I got a Cayman R fixed wing. My car is very stable at high speeds!

http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-...-spoiler-987-a.html?highlight=cayman+splitter

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Motor vehicle

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,901 Posts
View attachment 163841
Another photo for reference.
That's one fine looking cayman...wait a minute, that's my former car! Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
I bought it from prodgers before his fall from grace in this community. IIRC, it didn't last long before I knocked it off going up a steep driveway apron at a gas station.
If I had to do it over again, I'd get a flexible "consumable" piece like the GT4 part.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
216 Posts
White Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Automotive design
Automotive exterior White Grille Bumper Vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Automotive design

We have a splitter that will fit your car. We worked with the factory that manufactures the factory GT3 cup splitter and had then do a modification that allows it to be used on 987's Like the factory part is mad of molded Urethane and mounts with factory hardware in factory locations. All hardware and instructions are included. We have sold a ton of these and the track guys are having great success with it. The splitter you show on your car looks like our splitter. We sell it for $429 plus freight. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Jon
Composite Concepts
954 931 0319

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.