Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
hello!

thats a nice Cayman R in signature peridot with an interesting garage companion and matching "angry" plates ;)
how does the RS5 compare to the cayman? 500 horses....

can see you've already taken it to the track too. What is that contraption with the tube going into the engine bay?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not a far from me! Nice collection love the Cayman R wheel and colour combo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how does the RS5 compare to the cayman? 500 horses....

can see you've already taken it to the track too. What is that contraption with the tube going into the engine bay?
The Audi is my main driver from October thru April - It's a mileage coverer lol, great for the motorways and 60's but out here in the villages it's too much of a boat! Totally different machine though of course!

That my friend is a hydrogen system, used to decoke without chemicals. I run it every few months on my cars to keep them running smooth, improved throttle response too!

Welcome, and nice cars! I wouldn't mind finding the same in my garage to be honest. :cheers:
Thanks! :)

Gorgeous CR. I have always been a huge fan of the peridot green. Really nice.
Yeah it's beautiful when it's clean. I do fall out of love when it gets dusty and dirty, it goes a horrible matte gold!

Not a far from me! Nice collection love the Cayman R wheel and colour combo.
Yeah the wheels are just perfect :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
That my friend is a hydrogen system, used to decoke without chemicals. I run it every few months on my cars to keep them running smooth, improved throttle response too!
Care to tell more about this? Where does one acquire such a system, and dare I ask at what expense? :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Care to tell more about this? Where does one acquire such a system, and dare I ask at what expense? :)
Sure! So the basic principle is instead of using a chemical such as TerraClean, you can achieve a better effect with Hydrogen injected into the air flow.

Being a gas, it also gets into all the area's that a solution just wont, including that cat and exhaust system. The hydrogen doesn't take over as an air flow, it's simply added after your air filter.

Overall, you get a much better throttle response, a better MPG, and a cleaner smoother ride! Works especially great in higher mileage cars, you should see the amount of soot and buildup that gets flushed from the 50,000 mile Audi!

Acquiring such a thing is easy, head to eBay and type in 'fully boxed hydrogen system'. Mine was from Turkey. They tell you you can 'RUN YOUR CAR ON WATER' and all that BS, don't listen to any of that, that's not why we're using it, what it does do is effectively detox the engine :)

I've got a 21 plate hydrogen generator, which provides about 5 litres of hydrogen per minute (suitable for up to 5 litre engines), and it simply connects to my battery, and then you feed the tube into anywhere, really. I have a little plugin fitted after the MAF sensor and just clip the tube in.

Run the car for 30 minutes, every 10 mins pumping the gas a few times and keeping the car at redline for 5 seconds. You do this 3 times in total, and voila.

(so 10 mins injected, 2/3 revs, let it settle, then redline for 5 seconds, then 1/2 revs, 10 mins injected, so on so on)

On the second or third pass you will be amazed by the crap being pushed out of the exhaust!

Total cost was a few hundred bucks! And you can use this unlimited times, for your cars, your friends, etc, even provide a nice little service to people with vans especially! All you need is water! And it doesn't drink either, I've been using the same water for a little while now, but I will refresh it soon.

Hope that helps, and if you or anybody wants more info just drop me a PM!

I know it probably all sounds like hot air (no pun intended ;) ) but it DOES work. The idea was actually realised by Audi Sport for their LeMans cars but was never allowed to be used during the race due to regulations.

And anybody in East Anglia, UK, I will be happy to show you how it works.

Hopefully over the next few months I am working on building an in car system that can run whilst on the go. If the interest is high enough I would be happy to develop a batch :)

Thanks,

Ash

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Sure! So the basic principle is instead of using a chemical such as TerraClean, you can achieve a better effect with Hydrogen injected into the air flow.

Being a gas, it also gets into all the area's that a solution just wont, including that cat and exhaust system. The hydrogen doesn't take over as an air flow, it's simply added after your air filter.

Overall, you get a much better throttle response, a better MPG, and a cleaner smoother ride! Works especially great in higher mileage cars, you should see the amount of soot and buildup that gets flushed from the 50,000 mile Audi!

Acquiring such a thing is easy, head to eBay and type in 'fully boxed hydrogen system'. Mine was from Turkey. They tell you you can 'RUN YOUR CAR ON WATER' and all that BS, don't listen to any of that, that's not why we're using it, what it does do is effectively detox the engine :)

I've got a 21 plate hydrogen generator, which provides about 5 litres of hydrogen per minute (suitable for up to 5 litre engines), and it simply connects to my battery, and then you feed the tube into anywhere, really. I have a little plugin fitted after the MAF sensor and just clip the tube in.

Run the car for 30 minutes, every 10 mins pumping the gas a few times and keeping the car at redline for 5 seconds. You do this 3 times in total, and voila.

(so 10 mins injected, 2/3 revs, let it settle, then redline for 5 seconds, then 1/2 revs, 10 mins injected, so on so on)

On the second or third pass you will be amazed by the crap being pushed out of the exhaust!

Total cost was a few hundred bucks! And you can use this unlimited times, for your cars, your friends, etc, even provide a nice little service to people with vans especially! All you need is water! And it doesn't drink either, I've been using the same water for a little while now, but I will refresh it soon.

Hope that helps, and if you or anybody wants more info just drop me a PM!

I know it probably all sounds like hot air (no pun intended ;) ) but it DOES work. The idea was actually realised by Audi Sport for their LeMans cars but was never allowed to be used during the race due to regulations.

And anybody in East Anglia, UK, I will be happy to show you how it works.

Hopefully over the next few months I am working on building an in car system that can run whilst on the go. If the interest is high enough I would be happy to develop a batch :)

Thanks,

Ash
Thanks for that very lenghty reply :). Could you post a pic of how it looks in your engine bay? And why are you running the tube via the engine cooling intake instead of the air intake? Could you explain your reasoning behind running it after the MAF as well? Is the idea to make it run lean thus burning off any carbon buildup?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for that very lenghty reply :). Could you post a pic of how it looks in your engine bay? And why are you running the tube via the engine cooling intake instead of the air intake? Could you explain your reasoning behind running it after the MAF as well? Is the idea to make it run lean thus burning off any carbon buildup?
Sure will post a pic tomorrow :) The tube was actually in there as this was pre-desnork and it was the easiest way in whilst I had the standard engine bay cover/carpet on.

Now when I do it, I just take off my clear engine cover and attach it!

I put it behind the MAF simply not to alter the mixture, the hydrogen by itself does all that, and running too lean would cause problems! We don't want the ECU to do anything different to what it normally would.

Ash

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Ash, thanks for the clarification - there are local shops here offering that service - my friend calls it a "blow... "er... your can fill in the blanks :)

does it dirty the engine oil or can you run it anytime?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ash, thanks for the clarification - there are local shops here offering that service - my friend calls it a "blow... "er... your can fill in the blanks :)

does it dirty the engine oil or can you run it anytime?
haha awesome!

I would imagine it does produce some build up in the oil, but to be honest I really do not know without doing 2 changes to test!

If I do develop an in-car system, I will of course be testing this!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
i just tried this hydrogen treatment a few days back thanks to a local shop which offers this as a service - costs about 70USD a pop.

immediate difference in low end smoothness - slightly smoother from standing start and stop and go traffic.
anyone else try this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts