Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After researching on this forum and product sites, I realized Brey Krause is the only option. Sharkwerks does not make parts anymore for the Cayman regarding fire extinguisher mounts.

1. I found you must have Brey Krause Sub Strap Mount R-9032 (driver's side) or R-9034 (passenger side) to start.
2. Then, use R-2032 Fire Extinguisher Mount (driver's side only)

Driver's side ONLY is the catch. I'm 6' 3" and would prefer not to make an even tighter fit with the extinguisher potentially in my way getting in/out. It doesn't APPEAR to be an option to buy a mount for the passenger side.

Does anyone know a solution for the passenger side to mount a fire extinguisher with the bucket seats? Thanks for your time in advance!

Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Buy the rennline unit:-

Rennline Fire Extinguisher Mount - Porsche-Rennline, Inc.

You can mount it two ways. Either drill holes into the bottom of the seat to mount the bolts (no one will ever see or know). Or build a bracket acrosss the bottom of the seat from seat bolt to seat bolt to mount the rennline kit too.
Thanks! I just purchased the Rennline mount and bottle. They mentioned it was bolt in, so I'm not sure drilling is required. I appreciate the assistance.

Chris

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks! I just purchased the Rennline mount and bottle. They mentioned it was bolt in, so I'm not sure drilling is required. I appreciate the assistance.

Chris
Great - they said the same to me and it wasn't...They sent me the normal one so I fabed a mount like the mantis one pictured above

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great - they said the same to me and it wasn't...They sent me the normal one so I fabed a mount like the mantis one pictured above
Hello everyone!

Mungee, do you by chance have the part number you purchased? The link you provided above is for standard 996/986 seats and will definitely not fit the 987 Cayman R buckets. The part number that should bolt straight to those seats is a FE08 which should bolt straight up to the drivers' side seat without modification. The Cayman R seats are borrowed from the 997 GT2/GT3, which is what we originally designed the mount for, but in terms of mounting and brackets everything important should be the same 997 to 987 R.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes they supplied me the incorrect one, they supplied the standard seat mount that fits 987/997 etc - AS I mentioned above I had to fab a mount as I had no time to send back and re-order.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hello everyone!

Mungee, do you by chance have the part number you purchased? The link you provided above is for standard 996/986 seats and will definitely not fit the 987 Cayman R buckets. The part number that should bolt straight to those seats is a FE08 which should bolt straight up to the drivers' side seat without modification. The Cayman R seats are borrowed from the 997 GT2/GT3, which is what we originally designed the mount for, but in terms of mounting and brackets everything important should be the same 997 to 987 R.
Here's the GT-2 model which should be what you need.

Fire Extinguisher Mount-Rennline, Inc.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yep the gt2 link above is the one I used on my sport bucket seats. It's bolt on, but I believe is driver-side only, as there's a bit more stuff under the passenger seat. I think it's also good only if you are NOT using a sub-bar for a harness.

I have my seats out at the moment, in my shop. When I'm back home this weekend I can take photos if that would help anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the offer! I installed the Rennline bracket with bottle this weekend (driver side) along with the Cantrell lowering brackets. It took some patience, but everything is installed and functioning properly. It took almost 5 hours to complete with lots of trial and error mainly do to the new Cantrell brackets, not the Rennline bracket. I'm VERY happy with the end result other than I wish bottle was on passenger seat. Thanks for everyone's help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts