Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

21 - 40 of 265 Posts

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Bodywork parts are in. Car is being disassembled. Front end is Getty GT3R. It's much easier to use it than to try and rework the Cayman front end to fit 11" wide wheels.

Attachments

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,758 Posts
Hello there!
11" on the front? Crikey!

How about that hatch, is it CF? Are you going to save some weight here?

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hello there!
11" on the front? Crikey!

How about that hatch, is it CF? Are you going to save some weight here?
11" front 12" rear. The body parts are fiberglass and they are lighter than the stock parts. We decided that it wasn't worth the extra money to go with CF since the engine produces way more than enough power to get us where we need to be for lb/hp requirements. In fact we need to detune the engine to ~ 450 RWHP. The inter-cooler will be in the rear hatch area and it will be easier to bond a scoop to fiberglass than weld it if we kept the steel hatch cover.

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I will be replacing the drivers side with something more supportive. I'm going to keep the passenger seat in for a while to allow coaching.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance, I'm not a racer, but just a curious engineer. So at your estimated RWHP of roughly 450 and I suspect your resulting weight after the build is complete, you are headed to GT2 class, right?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Just curious are you talking with we're sharing any information with the gold crest guys that I believe, are also p repairing a 981

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Just curious are you talking with we're sharing any information with the gold crest guys that I believe, are also p repairing a 981
No, Vision is doing all the work and I'm collaborating with them only.

21 - 40 of 265 Posts