Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 60 of 265 Posts

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Fixed the primary typo for you, left the other ones. ;-)

Cheers,
Duane, I do want to talk to you about your experience with the brakes. I'm already going to be doing frequent underwear changes and I don't need ice pedal to add to the excitement! LOL

·
Registered
124 Posts
Diverdog

Thanks for taking the time to post up your build, I always look forward to following this kind of thread, good luck with the project, the track is calling.

·
PCA / POC Member & Club Donor
1,932 Posts
Duane, I do want to talk to you about your experience with the brakes. I'm already going to be doing frequent underwear changes and I don't need ice pedal to add to the excitement! LOL
Call anytime. I will send you my mobile via PM (you may already have it, but ...)

Cheers,

·
Registered
866 Posts
Some progress taking shape with the cage. I've decided to paint the car Porsche Racing yellow with black stripes.
Cool to see an update, racing yellow should be nice! Been watching this thread for like... 10 years.... LOL

·
Registered
268 Posts
Im retiring my 981 CS, and building a 911. We just finished the motor, and putting the car together. Shooting for Spring Mountain. Will you be able to run at that event?

·
1,932 Posts
Im retiring my 981 CS, and building a 911. We just finished the motor, and putting the car together. Shooting for Spring Mountain. Will you be able to run at that event?
Too bad. What 911 are you building? For what class, etc.?

·
Registered
268 Posts
996 C2 with a fresh rebuild. Starting with a street/track car with good suspension, front end, GT3 wing, roll cage and harness for Time Attack to start. Then an eye to Orange down the road. Maybe GT5, maybe V series..... we'll have to see where we fit.

The Cayman is back to factory fresh after Buttonwillow........and I'd kinda like to keep it that way for a while.

·
1,932 Posts
996 C2 with a fresh rebuild. Starting with a street/track car with good suspension, front end, GT3 wing, roll cage and harness for Time Attack to start. Then an eye to Orange down the road. Maybe GT5, maybe V series..... we'll have to see where we fit.

The Cayman is back to factory fresh after Buttonwillow........and I'd kinda like to keep it that way for a while.
Don't go V, the future is with the GT classes as the V menu does not really work for the later cars. A gutted 996 C2 will be GT3 naturally or GT4 if you restrict it. As far as Orange or Red, it does not matter as we move the classes from race to race (e.g., GT4 can be in either Red or Orange depending in car count).

Cheers,

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks for that input, Krok. We're mostly stock, with interior right now, but we're talking with Steve V. We'll dyno and see where we fit. Plenty of time - got to do Racer's clinic...

Want to be competitive - I'm 10 seconds off your time now.

41 - 60 of 265 Posts