Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at a complete loss on how to open the rear deck lid! Battery went dead in my '07 S, tried the positive post in the fuse box without any luck. Read somewhere that there is an emergency release cable in the left rear wheel well, but can't find it there (rear part of the inner lining is riveted to the heat shield - which I don't want to drill out unless ABSOULTELY necessary). Also found a thread saying you can get to this cable by slithering through the inside over the top of the engine and removing the rear tail light on the left side. But, I DON'T FIT back there.

Anybody have actual experience with this issue?

Thanks in advance!!
Doc

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Since your Q is about the rear hatch, why don't you just open the frunk and replace the battery?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Read the manual first. If the battery is dead, the front won't open either. You have to pull a fuse part way out and attach a charger to it. That'll let you open the trunks and also get to the battery. Unfortunately, I know from experience.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Read the manual first. If the battery is dead, the front won't open either. You have to pull a fuse part way out and attach a charger to it. That'll let you open the trunks and also get to the battery. Unfortunately, I know from experience.
Since he said he tried that and his question was about opening the rear, it seemed reasonable to me his only problem was trying to open the wrong end. Although it doesn't specifically say it the manual, I suspect pushing the rear button (to open the rear hatch) while applying emergency power will do nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.