Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I understand things, the add-on polymer rear trunk liner will cover up the rings for the cargo net hooks. Has anyone cut "slots" in the trunk liner so that the cargo net can be used with the liner in place? How did that work out?

·
Registered
47 Posts
If I understand things, the add-on polymer rear trunk liner will cover up the rings for the cargo net hooks. Has anyone cut "slots" in the trunk liner so that the cargo net can be used with the liner in place? How did that work out?
If u are talking about the OEM part, yes it does cover the d-rings, and i just cut them with a razor blade to be able to put my net on, however after receiving it I would recommend something else. I have the OEM rubber floor mats and wish the rear trunk liner was made of the same material. I would not reorder if given the chance....

·
Banned
3,875 Posts
those loyd mats that has the disk on them work great .. because the disk keeps the liquid in place.i had a quart of oil drip leak.. and i was thankful it stayed in one area.. i can get those..

in the shop.. and it has lots of colors..

Lemon

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If u are talking about the OEM part, yes it does cover the d-rings, and i just cut them with a razor blade to be able to put my net on, however after receiving it I would recommend something else. I have the OEM rubber floor mats and wish the rear trunk liner was made of the same material. I would not reorder if given the chance....
Did the razor blade mod not do the job, since it sounds like you were not too happy with the outcome? How are the d-rings attached to the sheet metal? Could the d-ring mounting hardware just be extended through the liner material - so that it would just require holes to be drilled through the liner - with the relocated d-rings ending up right on the surface of the liner? (I have yet to get my Cayman, so I can't go out and look at things.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts