Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving two Cayman S's for six months, all I can say is "AMAZING"! I can't go back to a "low end" car, no matter what is the manufacturer. The Cayman has superb engineering, performance, acceleration, handling, styling, luxury, creature comforts, decent fuel consumption, confidence, safety, reliability and pure FUN! Did I forget anything? In this case, what you pay is what you get. I'm in heaven when I drive a Cayman!:banana:

My wife and I took our 2007 Cayman S "tip" from Southern California to North California (approx 1000 miles round trip) and it was the best road trip we've ever had! The carrying capacity of two trunks made it even more comfortable.

So I'm sold on the Porsche Cayman S! I even took my 2006 Cayman S 6speed on the track! :burnout:I'm waiting for the next DE.

Hal & Terry

P.S. If you're in Southern California, we've set up our first Cayman group drive on February 13th (Saturday). Look at the Southwest section of this Forum for details and directions!

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Good to hear, 8 weeks for me & it gets better after each drive.

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Good to hear, 8 weeks for me & it gets better after each drive.
What did your dealer tell you about the run in?
Mine said <5000RPM for 3000Ks!

Im itching for the new car to be as punchy as the old one.:wall:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Really like the olive color, great choice. My better half and I took a trip in the fall to the mountains and we too were impressed with the luggage capacity of the CS. She was pretty adamant about taking her SUV but I told her to pack the stuff and if if did not fit we would take her car. Well the luggage fit with room to spare and she had a ball driving it on the mountain roads. It was one really fun get-away we both won't forget.
Glad you are enjoying your CS as much as we are.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I get the same adrenaline rush now, nearly two years later. However I don't drive it all year. In the winter, now, the good car rarely comes out to play, building up excitement for the spring/summer months. The winter beater reminds me what a difference there is between a car that gets you from A to B, and a Porsche ;)

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
What did your dealer tell you about the run in?
Mine said <5000RPM for 3000Ks!

Im itching for the new car to be as punchy as the old one.:wall:
That sounds about right, I took the car for long easy drives for the first two weeks, installed Softronic tune then it was play time. ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
P.S. If you're in Southern California, we've set up our first Cayman group drive on February 13th (Saturday). Look at the Southwest section of this Forum for details and directions!
Just FYI, I moved your invitation thread to the U.S. West region. Southwest technically only covers AZ, UT, NM, and CO. :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
I get the same adrenaline rush now, nearly two years later. However I don't drive it all year. In the winter, now, the good car rarely comes out to play, building up excitement for the spring/summer months. The winter beater reminds me what a difference there is between a car that gets you from A to B, and a Porsche ;)
A fellow Cayman owner had this definition of the word "Porsche"

"Porsche, noun, A tool for compressing space and time."

20 months and 25K miles later, I'm still smiten. Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts