Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I was in Italy on Business. One of the engineers that I was working with evited me to a DE/Track Day at Imola on Saturday. Needless to say I jumped at the idea. The event was organized by a club from Germany and there were cars from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and San Marino.
When we arrived at the track it was crawling with cars. Porsches were defenetely the overwelming majority of the cars and about half the Porsches were Caymans. Tere were Ferraris by the bunch, Lambos, Lotus, Corvette, Nissan, Atom, Rebel, you name it.
I got to go for a ride of several laps in a Ferrari 360 Challenge car. What a ride. I guess from now on when I go to Italy on business I have to take my helmet. I'll try to attach some photos.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
That is so Sick. Lucky!!! Thanks for posting and making my day.

In picture 6 there is a Dodge wagon in the background. Interesting somebody imported that over from the States. That would be a domestic wagon I would not mind swapping my VW Passat W8 for but I would probably test drive it first. Local cops use the wagon in stealth mode.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sctrent,
Yes, I have to admit that I was very lucky. The engineer that envited me owns a 1964 Corvette convertible and one of the first replicas Shelby Daytona Coupe. One of the first Italians I meet that like American muscle cars.
The Dodge Magnum are actually sold in Europe and I saw several on the road. The Europeans love them. There are quite a few Jeeps also but with diesel engines. I also saw a black Hummer driving arround Bologna. The Hummer is a big vehicle but in Bologna it looked Huge.

·
Registered
227 Posts
sctrent,
Yes, I have to admit that I was very lucky. The engineer that envited me owns a 1964 Corvette convertible and one of the first replicas Shelby Daytona Coupe. One of the first Italians I meet that like American muscle cars.
The Dodge Magnum are actually sold in Europe and I saw several on the road. The Europeans love them. There are quite a few Jeeps also but with diesel engines. I also saw a black Hummer driving arround Bologna. The Hummer is a big vehicle but in Bologna it looked Huge.
I saw this in Paris during my honeymoon there in 2002. It stuck out like a sore thumb!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Was the German club the Pistenclub? I'm a member of this club and am surprised to hear you say that many of the cars were Caymans. I did the event at Spa with them last year and my Cayman was the only one on the track! Am doing several events later in the year with them. They are generally a very serious crowd about their driving - but they put on great track days!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JHE,
Yes, the group was the Pistenclub. Met Ralph Burstedde who is the president of the club and had a very good chat with him. The club is serious about their driving and their cars. There were quite a few Porsches in attendance and yes, many were caymans. I envy the chance to drive in so many good tracks like Imola, SPA. the Ring and so many others.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That 458 is ridiculous! If only I were rich...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.