Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
i'm currently driving a cayman S non PASM. my front camber is -0.4 n rear -1.4. i find that my car does not corner well on high speed. seems like the rear is slipping. Using PS2 tyres. Any advise to improve handling. I would want to avoid any hardware changes at this moment as i like the stock ride height n comfort.
many thanks

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
What kind of tire pressures are you running? I find that, if anything, the car tends to understeer a little bit when running stock tires at recommended pressures, on the street. Usually, the only time I observe the rear end getting loose is on wet/slippery pavement, or when the temperature drops into the 40s F.

Your camber settings are pretty good already, and probably don't have much to do with that behavior anyway. I'm assuming you don't have any toe-out on the rears if you recently had it aligned (since that would make the rear-end loose).

Maybe somebody else has an idea . . . :confused:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of tire pressures are you running? I find that, if anything, the car tends to understeer a little bit when running stock tires at recommended pressures, on the street. Usually, the only time I observe the rear end getting loose is on wet/slippery pavement, or when the temperature drops into the 40s F.

Your camber settings are pretty good already, and probably don't have much to do with that behavior anyway. I'm assuming you don't have any toe-out on the rears if you recently had it aligned (since that would make the rear-end loose).

Maybe somebody else has an idea . . . :confused:
cold tyre pressure ... front 30 psi n rear 35 psi.. both front n rear toe in. think front is toe in 0.1 n rear is 0.16.
will making rear camber more negative, maybe -1.6 improve handling?
cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts