Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Correct.

Sounds like an error in pricing, GThaus doesn't allow their exhaust to be advertised under retail and there are no Cayman Meisterschaft exhausts in stock in all of the US, there is a 6 to 8 weeks manufacturing lead time period. Hence my remark!

P.S. I had a good laugh looking at this link :
"Porsche Cayman / Cayman S Exhaust by Meisterschaft is a quality product to add to your Chevrolet truck"

:D

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
The system seems to have bypass valves, so a quiet and loud mode....but that systems seems to look like a Kreis-Sieg which is Japanese it seems.

Eitehr way If it really is the Meisterschaft or Kreis-Sieg system at that price, then I say go get it and report back. :cheers:

Never heard of Kries-Sieg before until looking up some stuff, but seems we have another alternative to Capristo.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Might want to go back and look at the ebay feedback prior to 12 months ago - before purchasing.
please post if you buy about your experience.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
The system seems to have bypass valves, so a quiet and loud mode....but that systems seems to look like a Kreis-Sieg which is Japanese it seems.

Eitehr way If it really is the Meisterschaft or Kreis-Sieg system at that price, then I say go get it and report back. :cheers:

Never heard of Kries-Sieg before until looking up some stuff, but seems we have another alternative to Capristo.
The kreis-sieg is different to the Meisterschaft, it is also much more expensive and does feature a remotely controlled adjustable valve for sound adjustement. The exhaust is either routed through the mufflers or directly out through the bypass pipes. The regular Meisterschaft exhausts do not have bypass valves.

If anyone is seriously interested, let us know! Note the full system retails north of $8,000 !

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
The kreis-sieg is different to the Meisterschaft,
Is the one in the ebay listing a Meisterschaft, because it sure looks like those Kreissieg pics....?

Is Kreis-Sieg Japanese or do they just manuafcture all of their exhausts over there? It's a strange name for a Japanese company if so, especially to have the letters 'Kr' at the start......but maybe they wanted something European sounding.

Could you let us know a little more about Meisterschaft, as I couldn't even find a website for them.

·
Administrator
34,474 Posts
Comparing this exhaust to Capristo I see a couple of problems:

1) It would never pass O2 sensor compatibility as the new Capristo does, this exhaust would require an ECU flash or else it would trip a CEL easily.

2) The exhaust flow design has some flaws in that basically you are sending the flow one direction and then when the valve closes you are forcing the exhaust to backup against the flow and go back through a muffler, this can't be good for performance. I might also add that this in open mode doesn't go through the muffler at all, unlike the Capristo which simply takes a more direct route through the muffler based on the valve position.

3) No cats whatsoever so obviously not road legal and obviously not good for the environment.

Hard to believe they charge $8k+ for it! Well whomever the guinea pig is, please report back. :)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Is the one in the ebay listing a Meisterschaft, because it sure looks like those Kreissieg pics....?

Is Kreis-Sieg Japanese or do they just manuafcture all of their exhausts over there? It's a strange name for a Japanese company if so, especially to have the letters 'Kr' at the start......but maybe they wanted something European sounding.

Could you let us know a little more about Meisterschaft, as I couldn't even find a website for them.
The eBay listing is for a Meisterschaft. Kreis-Sieg is a Japanese company. They used this name to appeal to a wider audience as it is commonly seen with Japanese tuner. Amuse Powerhouse has Ericsson, etc.

Meisterschaft is a high end brand with very unique manufacturing asthetics. They are really into "custom" work and will work with you to get the right combination of sound, performance and looks.

304SS is used on all their stainless steel system. They are engineered and designed in the US, but the manufacturing process is outsourced to Taiwan. Rest assured though, Taiwan/Chinese manufacturing is what the company makes of it and Meisterschaft have serious QC and the craftmanship, as seen in the pictures posted, is easily comparable to European brands.

1) It would never pass O2 sensor compatibility as the new Capristo does, this exhaust would require an ECU flash or else it would trip a CEL easily.

2) The exhaust flow design has some flaws in that basically you are sending the flow one direction and then when the valve closes you are forcing the exhaust to backup against the flow and go back through a muffler, this can't be good for performance. I might also add that this in open mode doesn't go through the muffler at all, unlike the Capristo which simply takes a more direct route through the muffler based on the valve position.

3) No cats whatsoever so obviously not road legal and obviously not good for the environment.

Hard to believe they charge $8k+ for it! Well whomever the guinea pig is, please report back. :)
1. Correct, it will not. They do offer a catted version. In my personal opinion, the most performance efficient catless header design at the moment is the SuperSprint. If somebody was to opt for a catless header, I would skip Kreis-Sieg and other brands and recommend SuperSprint. Their equal length headers and merged collector are a work of art.

2. True, their philosophy is if you want the most performance, you will switch to their "F1" mode and bypass the mufflers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello.

Kreissieg has absolutely NO affiliation with Meisterschaft brand.
All of our system are made in-house(Japan)
GT Haus' website is very misleading which we will requesting to correct the branding issues.
(Also Ebay listing shows Kreissieg system while they claims it is Meisterschaft brand. Please beware of this seller)

[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts

Our exhaust system does NOT remove the primary cat, which means you will NOT have any CEL issue.
(When you remove the primary cat with our exhaust header, it has O2 canceller unit built in. So this way you still do not get CEL.)

Some gas DOES pass the muffler with valve open.
The amount of gas passing thru muffler depends on the sound level that each customer chooses.
If all exhaust gas dumps into exhaust tip with valve open, the exhaust sound will suffer.

Our concept really concentrates on exhaust tone which is actually controlled by inner design of the mufflers, and different material and thickness of stainless steel used, piping routing and ect. The valve system is just a part of our unique sound. It only does changing the loudness. There are many variables that can change the exhaust tone of the engine, and we have been creating our own exhaust tone with our own knowledge. If one system does not meet our standard on sound quality, we keep make revisions on muffler, piping and ect to achieve our own exhaust tone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts