1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cayman S

Cayman S, 2006 track or street car.
One owner, 32 000 miles, immaculate condition. Guards red,
Leather interior package, Navigation, Bose sound, PASM, 19 inch lobster claw wheels, Xenon headlights, carbon package ($73K sticker).
Before the car was ever taken to a track, all safety modifications were made to the engine. Any inspection welcome. All work was carried out by professional racing shops. Receipts, manuals, spare keys etc all in place. Garaged, no winters.
This is the ideal track car for less than half the price it would cost you to build your own. The only reason for sale is a GT4
$35 000. John 917 714 3602 See photos http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/Taxidodger/library/Cayman%20S

Engine:
Bodymotion RS350 conversion
Throttle Body
Fabspeed cat back exhaust system
Engine management upgrade
Oil separator
Extended oil sump LN Engineering X51
Power steering cooling radiator
Solid engine and gearbox mounts
Smaller diameter power pulley
Center cooling radiator.

Transmission
Guards limited slip differential

Suspension and brakes
Bilstein PSS10 - height adjustable, linked to PASM
Adjustable RSS rear drop links
Adjustable anti roll bar
GT3 lower control arms
Rennline rear subframe stabilizer with tie downs
6 spare OZ 18 inch wheels, 3 front, 3 rear (with used competition tires)
350 mm (15 inch) Girodisk rotors, 6 piston calipers at front (original calipers as part of sale)
310 mm Girodisk rotors, 4 piston calipers rear. (CHECK)
Pagid yellow pads (with two track days use)
RSS wheel spacers (5mm rear, 7mm front)
RSS rear adjustable toe steer kit
GT3 Cup brake cooling ducts (LHS slightly damaged)

Interior:
Sports steering wheel with thicker rim
Leather interior (dash, door cards)
OMP "WRC" FIA approved racing seats
Schroth 6 point harnesses
Fire Extinguisher
Rennline aluminum floor "mats" - unused
Hergesheimer half roll-cage.

Original leather sports seats included in sale

Body,
Clear bra over full hood, half front fenders and protection on mirrors and fenders.
Included also are two indoor covers and an outdoor protective cover.

Electric
Light weight Braille racing battery and cut out switch.

List Date: 8/3/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Cayman S
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Re: Cayman S

I happen to know this car. The owner attends local car events and would be an ideal "one owner car owner" to purchase a car from. I do know he bought this Cayman S with it's mid-engine design in mind and from day one intended to take it to the track (he also happens to be a well regarded instructor). I do not know John well as I have only spoken with him a few times. The amazing thing about this car is how outstanding the overall condition of it is considering most of it's miles are track miles. It is that good in person from even a couple of feet away. I do know the owner is passionate about driving porsches and has taken exceptional care of this car. The mods seem to all be top notch, well thoughout and professionally installed and maintained. While this car could be someone's DD, it really is set up for the the track and will make someone who has skills (I do not) or wants to develop more serious skills very happy.

My guess is that a GT4 is about the only car that could get him to sell this Cayman S. He has hung on to it through the 981 Cayman S release (I could not wait to see if a GTS or GT4 would actually be offered). Clearly, he contuned to stay with it when the GTS was available. He was lucky enough to get a GT4 slot and someone here will be almost as lucky with this special car.

John, if you read this, this is Mike with the Blue 2014 Cayman S from Mountain Lakes. I am very happy to take the time to praise your car. It's that good!

·
Registered
11 Posts

Very nice CS indeed, saw this car at one of the C&C a while ago when I'm still waiting for my car to arrive.

That day I spent a huge amount of time just to take a good look at the car.

Only if this car were able at the time I would get it in a heartbeat!

Here's a picture of your car that I took that day.

Good luck with sale and hope you enjoy the GT4

DSC00016.jpg

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,852 Posts

I can also vouch for John and his car, as he & I ran many a DE together in the northeast. John is a first-class gentleman who followed me up through the PCA DE ranks to instructor level, and now we're each getting GT4s! One of us moved to FL, though, so it may be some time before we meet at another DE. Good luck with the sale. Whoever buys this is getting himself one clean and well-sorted DE car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sure I am out of town so give me a couple of days. See the photobucket link in the original post there are two pics of the interior on that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts