Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering replacing the exhaust and reprogramming the ECU on my 2006 Cayman S. Does anyone have any information that compares the performance characteristics of the various aftermarket companies?

·
Premium Member
464 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
I'm considering replacing the exhaust and reprogramming the ECU on my 2006 Cayman S. Does anyone have any information that compares the performance characteristics of the various aftermarket companies?
As the bretster said, your question covers a pretty broad topic; unfortunately, the information isn't really neatly compiled in one place, so it may require a little research on your part. In particular, you might want to read thru the various threads on the Dyno forum to get an idea of what results people have seen. The manufacturer sites also usually will quote their results.

My own opinion based on following the forums and looking at the different mods myself over the past couple of years, is that there isn't a great performance difference from one aftermarket cat-back to another - probably less than 5-10 HP at the most, which would barely be detectable by the ol' butt dyno. I think more people are concerned with the price and sound characteristics of the particular exhaust, rather than whether it generates a few more HP than another brand.

It does seem that ECU (DME) reprogramming is a good idea to obtain maximum benefit from the exhaust and plenum mods. There are 2 or 3 options for that as well (I'm happy with my Softronic :) ).

Welcome to the club . . . :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts