Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
so my next mod will be the spacers. I just want to know whats the max mm we can fit in the front and in the back of the car. Also whats the best brand in terms of quality ? Also what much weight aprox do this add to each wheel ?

I look in the search but did not found any of this.
Thanks,
Ricky

·
Registered
235 Posts
PR-S,
I installed a set of spacers from MaxSpeed, 7mm front, 14mm rear, for my 19" Sport Design wheels. I was surprised at what a positive difference they made in the stance and look of the car. I'm very happy with the look.
Maxspeed has packages of spacers and RAD bolts that I thought made them the best value. Their response time to my order was very quick, shipping out the same day as the order. The quality of the spacers appears top-notch as well and fitment was perfect.
I'm not affiliated in any way with MaxSpeed and I think probably any of the brands out there would meet your needs. I liked the idea of the Boothe polished lug bolts but decided I didn't need to spend that much for the function I was primarily looking for.
Good Luck,
BW

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,648 Posts
Rotational mass at the hub of the wheel has very little effect on acceleration. It will effect the suspension response.. How much spacer you need to position the wheels cosmetically depends on the width & offset of the wheels.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Haven't noticed anything different, don't expect to, the weight is minimal and it's very close to it's axis. I believe that most, like me, did this purely for aesthetics.
That's a good deal on the used set, I paid over $100 more for new.
BW

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Hi guys,
so my next mod will be the spacers. I just want to know whats the max mm we can fit in the front and in the back of the car. Also whats the best brand in terms of quality ? Also what much weight aprox do this add to each wheel ?

I look in the search but did not found any of this.
Thanks,
Ricky
There's no good way to answer your question. Max spacer size depends on what kind of wheel you have, the size, width, and offset.

Also, why do you want to install spacers? Aesthetics? Brake caliper clearance?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have Rennsport spacers on my car. 7mm on the front and 15mm on the rear.
They are very good quality and they are hubcentric.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Was thinking about 5mm in back only on my 265-18s. Thought it would look a little better and improve handling also. Any comments?

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Was thinking about 5mm in back only on my 265-18s. Thought it would look a little better and improve handling also. Any comments?
5mm won't be noticeable in the looks department unless you're looking really, really closely.

Handling doesn't improve by any appreciable amount even with 15mm spacers. If you think about it, 15mm spacers increases a car's track by 3cm - relative to the car's mass, 3cm changes nothing with respect to lateral acceleration. With 5mm spacers (1cm increase in track), even less so.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will like them for looks. Also that's why I asked if they affect the accelration of the car or will they improve my handling.

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
I will like them for looks. Also that's why I asked if they affect the accelration of the car or will they improve my handling.
Spacers will affect neither.

If you're doing it for looks, you will probably want spacers wider than 5mm. Also, be prepared for a lot more rock chips and scratches on your wheel wells behind the tires.

Reactions: jdavis8361

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi

i have bought a gen 2 cayman with 19inchwheels and this is my first post. i was considering buying the tequipment 5mm spacers purely for cosmetic reasons as the porsche brochure suggets it will make the cars sit flush with the wheel arch etc.

from wahts been said above this is not the case. should i just save my money?!!

thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
hi

i have bought a gen 2 cayman with 19inchwheels and this is my first post. i was considering buying the tequipment 5mm spacers purely for cosmetic reasons as the porsche brochure suggets it will make the cars sit flush with the wheel arch etc.

from wahts been said above this is not the case. should i just save my money?!!

thanks
I have the Porsche 5mm spacers in the front & 15mm spacers in the rear. I could have gone to a 7mm front but since I ordered the car with the OE spacers, to me I thought the 2mm increase was not worth the extra spend. The rears are where the most improvement is had with the larger spacers. I have 19" Turbo rims & I am extremely satisfied with the look.

In your case, you would be better off buying an after market wheel spacer set rather than the OE spacers.

Good Luck....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts