Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
34,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I debated whether or not to post this. On one side of the fence I have people wanting to know how fast my car is with its modifications, on the other people who dread seeing any kind of speed on public roads. Well I just posted a video at http://www.caymanclub.net/dl_showall.asp?cat_id=32&parent_id=2&parent_name=Multimedia&sub_name=Cayman+Videosthat shows us pacing behind a 997 C2S in nowhere's ville Utah. During one open stretch we climbed well into the triple digits and not once could he pull away from me, in fact I pulled on him a bit a few times and as you can hear in this video during this segment I didn't have to keep the foot in the throttle to pace behind him. I also blocked Stefan from filming the speedometer as I am not about to post how fast we went up to other than to say that the speeds were 'significant' and the 997 C2S owner was suitably impressed, we gave each other a thumbs up when we later parted ways.

Here is a picture of the C2S

/UserFiles/DSC04302a.JPG

·
Administrator
34,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are a mass of Stefan's charging cables, cell phone cable, power cable for laptop, GPS receiver cable, I lost track, so hard to say which cables he had hanging there when. I can say there was NO radar detector. /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/tounge_smile.gif

·
Registered
764 Posts
Grandmothers in Italy drive faster....and nobody calls them crazy. /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/thumbsup.gif

Did you do a WOT speed run at all and he couldn't pull on you? It doesn't sound like you ever go over about 5K rpms in the vid...hard to tell though?

Paul

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
If your car really puts out 360 bhp, it's no wonder he couldn't pull away from you. I think your car is about 400 lbs. lighter than his too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have heard testament of a stock Cayman S keeping up with a modded X51 911 (420hp) at anything above 60 MPH numerous times. The Cayman S is an impressive car - really interested to see how well the Base Cayman 'hangs'.

Glad you put it in video K-Man S /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/thumbs_up.gif

Edited by - Poindexter on 08/12/2006 7:31:06 PM

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yea... I'm not a fan of the lecture about speeding, when it is on a stretch of highway with virtually no other motorists. If you have an straight, openlength of highway, let that sucker fly! Doing triples on surface streets is foolish, sure.

K-man, what would you guessoff the top of your head a random997 C2S. on say a closed course that resembled a highway, would be going in a simulator? /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/drive.gif

I would guess around 155. In my experience witha CS in a computer simulation it likes to get to around 130 on the empty freeway before the driver slows back down so he doesn't get a simulated ticket. If I got a chance to simulate the CS on a traffic free simulated highway I would think it would want to go for the advertised max.

·
Administrator
34,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
azcay, I'm sure in a simulator that a C2S would likely be going between 150-160 before it decided to let off in terms of caution if that's what you are asking, but only when there was absolutely no other traffic on a very very long stretch of very smooth highway.

·
Registered
72 Posts
hehe... thank goodness for simulators and imagination, otherwise we would never have an idea to know what it would be like to drive that fast. /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/dance.gif

i'm making a day drive through an amazing 80 miles of CS heaven shortly. I'm going to go during the week when it is virtually deserted of vehiclesfor several miles at a time. It has climbs, descents, straights, hard curves, long curves, banks... I don't think there is anything missing to explore how you CS reacts under all the conditions. I will try to make a point to bring a passenger and the video camera so I can upload clips of it performing under various terrain. I've got 700 hard miles on this car and still can't get enough of it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I raced a anniversary special 911 yesterday from a dead start to 100 mph. I won with only the restrictor plate removed. I won't mention thetraffic conditionsbecause I don't want any hate mail either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts