Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can understand the Cayman S being beaten by the Lotus Exige Cup & Spec C WRX STI, but the BMW M3 hunted down the CS like weak antelope :( :(

·
Super Moderator
6,027 Posts
Having 100 more horsepower may have had something to do with it... :)

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Lotus Exige had the least hp, I'm beginning to think the CS just driven to the limit.

·
Registered
648 Posts
On their fastest laps there's 1 second between the fastest and slowest car. Thats pretty good going seeing as the cars are so different. On the other hand for having 100hp more that the CS, the M3 certainly can't seem to use it effectively. The CS and the M3 both had terrible starts and the Z was the racey version of that car and should have done better. Also the lines on the CS were terrible, he left the door open on most corners for most of the race. When all is said and done you could have guessed these positions before the race even started.

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
It happens. I am not really worried about it.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I can understand the Cayman S being beaten by the Lotus Exige Cup & Spec C WRX STI, but the BMW M3 hunted down the CS like weak antelope :( :(
Given the M3 has about 8.6 lbs per HP and the Cayman S has about 9.5 lbs per HP, I would have expected the M3 to be faster than it was.

There, another perspective :)

·
Crusin worlds most isolated city
3,755 Posts
Bad lines on the CS and breaking too early and not hard enough.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Just means PSM would have intervened if it was on. Basically, the sensors are still active and cause the indicator lights to come on, even though the system does nothing else with the sensor info.
Excellent. Thank you. I think this video underscores the fact that if you want to "drive" the car at the track, PSM needs to be off. Note the amount of flashing in the clips where the PSM light is on screen.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
The video is certainly not a true comparison of what the CS is capable of, especially when seeing such a sluggish start and the braking practice of the driver was shocking. Early and hard on the brakes and still appearing to trail brake does not make sense, because he shaved all of his speed off before everyone else before entering the turns yet still kept his brakes applied for longer :crazy:

When Car Middle East Magazine did testing on Rockingham race track for their Performance Car of the Year, the Cayman was quicker than the Evora, and as the track in the video doesn't appear to be that technical I don't see why the same wouldn't have happened here.

Anyway it's good fun to see :cheers:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have watched hours of these best motoring races. I love them. but what I have learn is its a lot more about who driving, not what they are driving. But there are several where the cayman S wins, over very good competition, and many where the cayman is either first or second. On dry or on wet tracks. But like I said it is often who is driving that makes the difference. A couple of the standard drivers are champions of different sorts and much more aggressive and they usually win even if its in the a Yugo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts