Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only happened twice, but in past couple weeks my '15 CGTS has turned off when the PDK is put in park. No other weird behavior other than perhaps a slightly lower idle at those times. No CEL, drives like normal, just this. I promise we're not flailing our arms around and somehow hit the key to turn it off, it's just stop, foot on brake, put in park, die with ignition still turned to on.

I follow the forum pretty regularly but don't recall having seen this in the past couple years. We'll take it in for a look, but is this a precursor to something that others have experienced and I've just missed that discussion?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Probably start/stop at work man. Turn it off (red LED on) and it should stay off for good. That's what most of us do. If S/S was off, then definitely something wrong with your car. Hope it's the former, but if the latter, take it in for diagnosis. Good luck.

EDIT: This thread just pop up, and is related to your problem, in case S/S was off. Hope it helps: http://www.planet-9.com/981-chat/197618-pdu-power-distribution-unit-replaced.html

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The car's with my wife for the week, out of town. I'll have her check that. I sure hope it's something as simple as stuff getting bumped against the auto start button. We disabled that feature when we took delivery, it's never been back on.

edit - yep, that was it. Chalk that one up to operator error. Glad I could be embarrassed with just my virtual friends/advisors and not actual people....:cheers:

Reactions: wright

·
Registered
605 Posts
There's a computer term for that - PICNIC Problem In Chair, Not In Computer. :)

Reactions: wright
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.