Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The yellow warning light came on saying I am low on tire pressure. I added to the spec, 29 psi, but it still says I am low. I added all the way to 32, and it still says low.

Any way to make it go away?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
The only way to reset the system completely seems to be to deliberately select the wrong tire size in the menu (you have to be parked, can't do this while moving), let it "learn" for a few minutes, and then switch back to the correct size.

Kind of lame. I just had to do this last week to get it to recognize a new set of tires properly. Maybe that'd help in your case?

·
Premium Member
5,836 Posts
The only way to reset the system completely seems to be to deliberately select the wrong tire size in the menu (you have to be parked, can't do this while moving), let it "learn" for a few minutes, and then switch back to the correct size.

Kind of lame. I just had to do this last week to get it to recognize a new set of tires properly. Maybe that'd help in your case?
You are correct in that you have to reset the system. You do select the tire size while parked but you have to drive the car for it to "learn". (I believe the manual says you must get to something like 16 mph. I don't have the manual handy.)

Yesterday my car indicated that one tire was 4 psi down. It was not. I went into the menu and my tires were listed as 20" summer tires on the "comfort" setting. My tires are 19". So I reset the menu to 19" summer tires, drove around the block, and now everything seems to be okay.

·
Registered
708 Posts
This happened to me the other day. Warning that one tire was low, I checked and they were all about 3 pounds low. I filled them all up to 33 and drove the car for at least a half hour with the warning still there. Got out the manual and it said the warning should go off without doing anything. Kept driving and it did eventually go off that day but it took a while. If you havent driven it much since correcting pressure, it may eventually reset.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Just a thought. Maybe the sensor is bad. On my 987 this brings the whole system down. Maybe that's been improved somewhat. Only way I can think to verify that is check the system with PIWIS or Durametric. Don't think the generic OBD II code reader will do this.

Trying the reset procedure mentioned would be my first step. Another that I've read of is to overinflate the tire, within the rated max pressure, and then drop it back to normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts